E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
E46 Spartan
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 330 cluster soon and going to take the rings out for my car. I am worried that I will get an error on the dash. Is this a concern i should have?

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
yes, the cluster needs to be reprogrammed by bmw in order to function properly w/ your vehicle.

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
i don't think you have to disconnect the battery, but it doesn't matter anyway since bmw will have to program it.

·
E46 Spartan
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I am not going to use the new cluster..

I am just going to take the guage rings and use the exsisting cluster again....and I was wondering if i will get an error if i dont dissconnect the battery before hand.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No you dont have to disconnect the battery just to pull out the instrument cluster, if I understand you correctly, all you are going to do is use the silver rings from the 330 cluster, when you slap it back in your clock will have to be reset and thats it. Dont know what this crap about having to have bmw reprogram it is. I've taken mine out of my 00 323 about 10 times for different things and just put back in and set clock. Same with my new 03 i've had it out 3 times and just put it back in and set clock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts