• Performence

Votes: 170 79.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Definitely not for status symbol because an 05 325i is not much. And there is not much performance in a 2.5l engine. It would have to be [a] the looks and wanting a rear wheel drive.

All in all - it is a nice little car

·
Registered
97 Posts
In a world market full of front wheel driven clown cars, mid size cars that become throw-away items in under 100k. Luxury cars that squeek, rattle, and enough cabin noise to justify ear protection.
I just wanted something of relative comfort/quality/performance.
The 325i is not a class leader in any one of those catagories, but it's certainly a top contender.
I just wanted something I could anticipate getting 200k miles out of without too much fuss or worry.
I was sick and tired of the "quality" of Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Audi
Same with my two-wheeled commuter. I have run all the Japanese brands since 1977 and though some models still have me grinning, it was time for a bimmer. There is no question in my mind it will last 3 times longer than any other brand I had owned.
But for status??
I have plenty of toys, but I'm more proud of being married for over 30 years..to my first wife...who's a woman....and she was born of that gender....
and my adult Sons both work.... and have no bastard children...and have no visible tattoos...or metal bits hanging from their faces......and my 14 year old daughter is still in school...and is not pregnant.......as of this writing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I drive mine because the comfort of driving it is far superior to all the Hondas/Acuras and Toyotas i have driven in my family. And of course because it looks good haha

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought my 325 ci for the girlfriend!

I originally bought the BMW for my girlfriend.But she doesn't like driving it, she says its too scary, so we swapped cars she drives my mustang now/with that said. I like the performance but the status came with the car it speaks for it self I keep it clean and waxed and I over hard my girlfriend friends say girlllllllll he must really love he bought you a BMW!:thanks::woot:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Driving enjoyment which performance factors into. I don't like that bmws are considered status symbols. That almost makes me not want to own a Bimmer, until I get in and drive!

·
:D
7,828 Posts
Definitely for status. And i got my e30 for status in the older crowd. So far it's worked very well. I don't usually drive them though. I'm more of a Prius guy. bmw has status when parked. Prius has status when driving.
Much status :)

121 - 133 of 133 Posts