E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the next m3 or m4 will be in the 70k price range or vice versa. any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
324 Posts
here in LA, i've been looking at used M3s recently and found many at the mid 30k price with a couple at low 30k but i'm not sure y those are so low. The dealers say that the average person is afraid used M3s might be unreliable and costly to maintain...even though the engine problem was the only major problem.
On the other hand, used 325s and 330s seem to be pretty expensive considering the year and miles.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
stlgrym3 said:
the next m3 or m4 will be in the 70k price range or vice versa. any thoughts on this?
The M3 is a dime a dozen. What you won't sell your car for, someone else will. Don't be mistaken, it's a mass produced car that's easy to get a hold of. This is no 964T.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
stlgrym3 said:
It depends on supply and demand. If dealers can't move used M3s off their lots, then dealers would be have to sell below retail which pushes wholesale prices down. Bottom line, resale value is what people are willing to pay.

The M3 is a great car and BMWs hold their value well. With that said, about $35k for a used M3 isn't unrealistic.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what i'm saying was relatively speaking, say for example what do u think the price difference between a 98 or 99 e36 m3 now compare with a say 02 or 03 e46 m3 couple years down the road? i think the e46 m3 will worth more down the road than what e36 m3 worth now.

·
No more E46 :(
2,536 Posts
stlgrym3 said:
what i'm saying was relatively speaking, say for example what do u think the price difference between a 98 or 99 e36 m3 now compare with a say 02 or 03 e46 m3 couple years down the road? i think the e46 m3 will worth more down the road than what e36 m3 worth now.
Of course the e46 M3 will worth more: when both brand new, it costs a lot more if compare to a e36 M.

We should all look at the e30 M3. It sure is worth a lot these days!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.