E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. A place I went to wanted 500 bucks for the Alpine CDA-7995. I can buy it online at this site for about 350 bucks. I know a lot of times E-bay stuff is crap, but this place is an actual website for it so wouldn't it be okay? Is there a downside? And no the shop wasn't including install.

~Josh

·
--
709 Posts
Almost all online shops don't include manufacturer's warranty, sometimes they have their own warranties though. If you want to risk not having a warranty then buy online for the best prices.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
just buy from reputable sites online...just do your research on the product and definitely on the site youre looking to buy and place your order. believe me, its not as bad as you think...:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
OnlineCarStereo warranties all their products for one year. As far as I know, that matches most audio companies' warranties. For paying half of what you'd pay in a stereo shop, I'd say it's well worth it. I don't know how brick and mortar stores can sell much these days when competing with internet companies that undercut their prices by such huge amounts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jergens said:
Just curious. A place I went to wanted 500 bucks for the Alpine CDA-7995. I can buy it online at this site for about 350 bucks. I know a lot of times E-bay stuff is crap, but this place is an actual website for it so wouldn't it be okay? Is there a downside? And no the shop wasn't including install.

~Josh
Okay this is a bit of a laugh for me. I actually just installed this exact head unit for a friend of mine in his RICER 2001 Sentra (it actually handles pretty well, and is pretty fast though it can't take my 328i) We were rewiring his car, and building a new floor in the trunk for his 2 12's. When UPS showed up and delivered his new head unit. He ordered this from onlinecarstereo.com late last week. IT came in perfect order with everything, and it was the correct Head unit. So from that experience they sound pretty good to me.

DJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my JL 250 x 1 Amp, only had a minor problem with them. They didn't want to ship to my house cause my CC billing adress was a P.O. box, which makes sense, but we talked to them and I got my amp in perfect shape, and in a good amount of time. They seem fine to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Online sites

I have ordered from Sounddomain and they were great both times.
I ordered a head unit from Online car stereo. It was out of stock and last years model, but I knew another place had it for slightly more. It took a couple of calls to them, but they were friendly and easy to get in touch with and they refunded my $ when I asked after them being unsure of shipping time. Id definitely buy from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts