BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the front woofer in a component set have to have an enclosure? Or do they just have to be mounted? Im talking about maybe some Alpine Type-R's or JL XR series...

Also, do they HAVE to be screwed in or can you just use super duper industrial tape to stick them to the door panel? Reason being I dont want make holes in my door panel...

I know the front & backwaves should not meet, but would just "taping" the speaker to the door panel do the trick?
This would simulate the top mount that some of the guys here have done, but without having to drill holes in the door panel.. Do you think that 3M tape is strong enough?

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bender said:
they dont have to ahve an enclosure. just mounted
do you think that 3M double sided tape is strong enough? I think some people use it to attach the spoilers.

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bender said:
maybe if you use tape... i screwed mine down using the stock screw locations.
Hmmm.. but I am going to tape them to the Top of the door panel, not underneath..

Anyway, I saw your post about the MB Quarts.. can you verify that the 7" dsd & Psd 216 fit in the sedans w/o modifications to the door or door panels? Why 7 inch?

·
hammer talks like this
4,226 Posts
yeah ill go by my old shop tomorrow and pull each of the quarts out to be sure... look for my post tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts