E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Party Times!
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install UUC sway barbarians, but i don't want to be adjusting them constantly. Will i ever have to adjust them, or can i just install them on the setting i want and leave them there? I am not a mechanically inclined person so i will have a shop install them for me, but i do not want to bring it in to shop constantly for adjustments. One more thing, will/could these effect my warrenty in any way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
what do you guys mean by adjusting the bar? something like re-greasing the bushings?

I've had mine for some time now, and I haven't gotten around to adjusting anything. Kind of feeling lazy about going down south on the car...:D :D
 

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
Joined
·
6,696 Posts
simon323ispp said:
what do you guys mean by adjusting the bar? something like re-greasing the bushings?

I've had mine for some time now, and I haven't gotten around to adjusting anything. Kind of feeling lazy about going down south on the car...:D :D

Sometimes you have to re-lube the bushings and some people adjust the stiffness to their driving needs. For example, you could adjust the oversteer/understeer for the street vs. track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,593 Posts
John from jersey said:
to adjust my UUC sway bars takes about a half hour for the front or the rear

Consists of

removing wheels

removing bolt and then placing bolt in the new desired postion and tightening up


Very simple:thumbup:
:dunno: I didn't even remove my wheels when I initially installed 'em. Trust me, you don't need to remove them to make ant adjustments ;)

Rear adjustment 5 minutes, front maybe 10. Simple :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Steve said:


:dunno: I didn't even remove my wheels when I initially installed 'em. Trust me, you don't need to remove them to make ant adjustments ;)

Rear adjustment 5 minutes, front maybe 10. Simple :)
for the front i suppose you can turn the steering wheel to max turn to give some room, but i find it somewhat cramped that way and prefer to remove the wheels when changing settings...plus it gives me an excuse to clean the backs of my wheels :)

It would be simple to access the adjustment points with a lift and get under the car w/o removin the wheels. Wish i had one of those in my garage:thumbup:
 

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
When connecting/adjusting the endlinks the car is supposed to have its full wheight on the wheels (not on jackstands for example) correct? For the installation settings to be correct the car needs to be on a ramp or something right?

I dont know much about the install of the sways but I plan on doing it myself when I finally get them. I did my own install of teh UUC SSK and it went smoothly (except for the "Clip from hell") so I think I could take care ofthis install also.

Any tips on keeping the squeeking some people have encountered from occuring other than making sure the bushings are properly lubricated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
GhostRider said:
When connecting/adjusting the endlinks the car is supposed to have its full wheight on the wheels (not on jackstands for example) correct? For the installation settings to be correct the car needs to be on a ramp or something right?
Yes, that's what UUC recommends. :)

Any tips on keeping the squeeking some people have encountered from occuring other than making sure the bushings are properly lubricated?
I've had no problem with squeeking. http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=42 :thumbup:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top