E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Are we there yet??
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently replaced both the front and rear pads on my car, and reused the same brake sensors, well one was ground down a bit and it set the light on the dash off. I went out bought new front and rear sensors the other day and put them in today, but the light is still on in the dash. So question is do I need the dealer to wipe that light out or did I reverse the plug when I put the new sensors on. (not the plug on the pad the one connected to the wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Staszek said:
Great thanks! Hope that does it

i don't think that will do it.
If i remember correctly it takes like x number of cycles. 1 cycle = ignition turned on for x number of minutes then turned off.

If you do a search I think there was a procedure someone found that would reset the brake wear light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem. I replaced pads and sensors but light did not turned off. I did not want to go to dealer so I drowe with light on my dash. It takes about 2 weeks (I use my car every day) and now it´s ok, no light is on my dash. I dont know why it takes so long... Any ideas?

·
Are we there yet??
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep just tried it worked no more light thanks everyone!!

Second question maybe i should start a new topic, but my brake pedal definetly feels like it has more travel then it used to, the front pads were changed last month and the rears just yesterday. Brake fluid seems to be fine and the car stops fine. Is there a way to get the pedal to have less travel??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.