E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen numerous references to the 1200 mile service, but when I called Paul Miller BMW to arrange my service, they said I don't bring it in until 15k (This was a secretary I think).
Is she right, or do I ask for someone with a brain when I call back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
bimmerluva said:
I have seen numerous references to the 1200 mile service, but when I called Paul Miller BMW to arrange my service, they said I don't bring it in until 15k (This was a secretary I think).
Is she right, or do I ask for someone with a brain when I call back?
She is wrong. the 1200 mile service for the M3 includes an oil change and transimission and differential fluid change. Ask for an SA if she doesn't agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Absolutely get the service done! Insist on it!!!

Make SURE they change all required fluids no matter what anone tells you. (I have heard of dealers saying you dont need to change the oil)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
motorsport3 said:
She is wrong. the 1200 mile service for the M3 includes an oil change and transimission and differential fluid change. Ask for an SA if she doesn't agree.

Yes!
the M3 has a 1200 mile service, just after the break in period ends.
Then at 15k, 30k, etc like the non M cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I can't speak for //M cars, but 1,200 is the break-in, not the point where you need service. BMW's first free oil change/checkup is at 12,000, but I would highly suggest you get it changed every 5K or 7K. The 12K is really ridiculous on these cars, you need to change it more frequently ... just make sure it is synthetic BMW oil and don't get it done somewhere like Jiffy Lube.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
yes, after 1200 miles on your M3 you have to take it in for service. And I believe they de-tune the computer from the factory, so the car is not at 100% power, and when you take it in they tune it to where its supposed to be. Don't quote me on this, but thats what I heard, and the dealer told me this, too.
Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update...I called back and pushed the subject. She claims she thought I just had a 330i, which only needs service at 15k. She agreed the M3 needs service and was very nice about setting up the appointment.

Turns out the M3 absolutely needs a 1200 mile service. Not only is the oil changed, the transmission and differential fluid are changed also, the engine is given a special check, and the car is supposed to be road-tested.

Much thanks to everyone who replied to this thread!
:thanks:
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
12,638 Posts
no you have to bring her in at 1,250 miles to

change the oil in the motor. it is very inportant for you to do this for a m3 period. and don't go more than 5,000 miles before you change the oil. don't listen to anybody that tells you to wait 15,000 miles not on a m3 trust me on this.
bobm3 ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,715 Posts
why wouldn't my dealer tell me about this? I gotta call my dealership first thing in the morning. My car was already in there this weekend for another issue (see thread about my car unlocking :( ) but instead of picking it up tomorrow I guess it'll be there for another day to get that done.

I'm gonna call up my dealer and let her know she forgot to tell me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
2001BMW330xi said:
why wouldn't my dealer tell me about this? I gotta call my dealership first thing in the morning. My car was already in there this weekend for another issue (see thread about my car unlocking :( ) but instead of picking it up tomorrow I guess it'll be there for another day to get that done.

I'm gonna call up my dealer and let her know she forgot to tell me.
yeah, that is pretty bad. Get on their cases for not telling you.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top