BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bored.
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im driving up to big bear this weekend (ski trip), and am taking my whip with me. should i do any sort of cold weather checks???? like check any certain fluids or disable batteries:dunno: i have no idea.

thanks
--soheil

my car will be leaving socal for the first time, so shes never been in the cold before, so im jus being careful.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Make sure the water in your waterreservoir (to clean the windows) has antifreeze in it, or else you won't be able to whipe your windows when they get dirty in the cold

·
bored.
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dennisf said:
Make sure the water in your waterreservoir (to clean the windows) has antifreeze in it, or else you won't be able to whipe your windows when they get dirty in the cold
seriously?? shiznet, how much antifreeze???
--soheil

·
Registered
776 Posts
Depends how cold the area is where you are going. I always buy this stuff at Halfords (English company). They sell it in containers of 5 liters. The container states how low the temperature can go before it freezes. I always mix it so I can go till minus 15 degrees celsius.

Ooow before I forget, check your tire pressure too. I always overinflate a little by 0,2 bar. Why?? In colder areas the molecules tend to sit closer to eachother so your tires will have less pressure in them

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
check all your fluids...put a couple extra pounds of air in your tires. for every 10 deg colder it gets you tend to lose about a pound of air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts