E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad owns a gas station (Mobil) and he recently took my car there to get some stuff checked out. Well, while he was there, he took the liberty of replacing my rear tires...but he put on Falken's....do Falken's suck @ss? He claims that he paid $180 for each, but my dad can embellish things just to sell me to them. I wanted to get some Michelin's or some S03's...but obviously I won't be getting those for a while (unless I just get the front ones). So tell me if Falken's suck. Also...can I run S03's in the front and those Falken's in the back? Or would that F*ck something up? Do I need to run the same type of tire all around my car. Right now I have the stock Continental's and the Falken's in the back.

BTW...the tires are Falken GR3/GRB (Can't tell which it is...) FK451 245/40 (I'm not sure if that's right, but I know its the same size as what the stock comes in...)...tell me if these suck or not...if they do, I might switch them without his knowing.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,360 Posts
Last I checked, the only decent tire Falken makes is the Azenis Sport. In fact, I think the FK451 may very well be an all season tire.

Edit: Nope, not an all season. Oops.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The Azenis Sport is the only Falken that I heard great things about too. They're pretty much street compound auto-x tires.

Regarding your FK451, whatever you do DON'T mix them with S-03's in the front. It should be safe to say that the S-03's would have a significant higher adhesion limit than the FK451's and you'll likely spin out when you corner hard.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so if you had to rate the tires on a scale 1-10, 10 being the best, what would you guys give them? And are they better than the stock sport package continentals?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.