BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend of mine who owns a 330 coupe was told by the service manager of a dealership not to bring his car back again. Why did this occur, well he complained about their shotty work and demanded it fixed. Does BMW expect us all to just bend over and take it in the ass :mad: Well heres for the pricks that run BMW service depts :flipoff:

·
NWT Fanatic
757 Posts
call BMWNA, I dont think the Dealer**** has a right to refuse to do warranty work as they are a service center for BMW, who knows, maybe Im wrong though :dunno:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hell NO, they don't have the right to say that. I'll be straight up BMWNA may not take care of your problem but they better step in and do something.

Service Manager at Tom Bush BMW told me the samething and when I brought the car in for service again they tried to fock up my car by leaving things up under the engine loose or unplugged:mad:

In the mean time tell your friend to find another dealer if possible, cause he is the customer:thumbup:

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
786 Posts
Doesn't any business have the right not to serve certain customers? How can you force someone to do something they don't want to do?

:dunno:

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Antroiny said:
Doesn't any business have the right not to serve certain customers? How can you force someone to do something they don't want to do?

:dunno:
Yeah but a dealer acts as an Agent for BMW NA. So by refusing to service a car they are actually denying you your warranty rights.

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
786 Posts
M32NV said:

Yeah but a dealer acts as an Agent for BMW NA. So by refusing to service a car they are actually denying you your warranty rights.
I see your point. If it's a warranty issue, they at least need to offer some alternative option for you. But if it's just regular non-warranty related repairs/maintenance, they don't have to service your car. And in return, you get to pass this info along to everyone else so that nobody goes there. :thumbup:

·
The Achiever
1,754 Posts
listen, your friend must have caused a scene and been a real dick about everything because dealers won't do that in most cases... you have to do alot to have a dealership tell you not to come back. If it is the only dealership near at all then argue it, but if not, go somewhere else for christ sakes.. they hate him... wouldn't want someone who hates me working on my car, thats for phuckin' sure

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
playinJ30 said:
listen, your friend must have caused a scene and been a real dick about everything because dealers won't do that in most cases... you have to do alot to have a dealership tell you not to come back. If it is the only dealership near at all then argue it, but if not, go somewhere else for christ sakes.. they hate him... wouldn't want someone who hates me working on my car, thats for phuckin' sure
No he did not do anything obnoxious...just demanded descent service. Its not even about getting service done there anymore....Its about getting that service managers ass fried :flipoff:

·
99% Stock
1,128 Posts
sanman10535 said:
Service Manager at Tom Bush BMW told me the samething and when I brought the car in for service again they tried to fock up my car by leaving things up under the engine loose or unplugged:mad:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't you sue them for crap like that?!?! What if you died cause of some **** like that!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Don't bother going back to that dealer, they may screw with your buddy's car. I think they are required to do so, as the warranty is supposed to be honoured by all N. American dealerships but as I said, don't take it back there!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Even if you do convince them to let you bring your car back, i wouldnt, just because you never know what they will do to it.

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
SO WHICH DEALER IS IT?????

·
99% Stock
1,128 Posts
Last time at Assael i was picking up my car and waiting for it, these dumb techs were revving a M5 engine so damn loud and smiling about it.
And they basically didn't take care of anything in my car. Took them 4 days to buff out a part of my paint when i had other more important crap for them to look at. My dad chewed them out so i guess i can't go there again. :eeps:

ALL THIS BMW DEALER **** IS RIDICULOUS.

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
i think they tend to treat kids and young looking people like ****.. more so than the old geezers and yuppies..

·
unregistered user
817 Posts
Matthew78 said:
i think they tend to treat kids and young looking people like ****.. more so than the old geezers and yuppies..
Yeah you said it. When I went in to buy my car they didnt take me seriously until I got out the checkbook and started writing. when i went back they were like "must be fun tearing around in your dad's car there" thats what one of the techs told me. I pissed him off when i came back at him with "must be fun pimping cars you cant own" They beat on cars they have in their shop. The dealers here suck but I'm glad I don't have to go there often. :mad:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts