BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love driving my new 325i, I'm always looking for excuses to take it out. I'm new to BMW ownership so bear with me.

After driving the 325i around town for a few days, I've made a few observations about the driving public here in SD. Compared to driving my VW, more people seem to cut in front of me, people don't want to let me in on the freeway, and I'm getting some nasty looks from people in general. I don't think I'm driving any differently in the Bimmer.

Is there some sort of stereotype about Bimmer drivers that I don't know about? :dunno:

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,600 Posts
Yes, They all think We're snotty German car Owners...But truth is, Bmw owners are one of the nicest German car Owners out there...Bmws drivers let Bmw drivers cut it line, Merc hardly does that with another Merc...Well anyways...we help each other out...thats all that matters

·
Registered
732 Posts
its true, they are a bit jealous, once i was driving on the highway, and some cars let this one civic in front of me change lanes, and when i go to change lanes into that same lane.....they dont let me...i was pissed...

·
Banned
256 Posts
WHEN I SAW THIS THREAD I KNEW RIGHT AWAY I HAD TO COMMENT....!

I have noticed too here in north Florida people do treat Bimmer owners like sh*t...! I dont know what it is but all the time people want to "brake check" me when im driving 4 car lengths behind them @ 45mph in a 45mph zone...!

One day while leaving my neighborhood there was this lady in a white toyota camry and she cut me off. She had a stop sign and instead of stopping she flew right in front of me and hit the brakes...! For the next minute she kept brake checking me, and in the process stops in the middle of the road 2 times. I got pissed and floored it to get around her. I get to the end of my neighborhood to get onto the main road and she pulls next to me and goes "wtf is your problem you *****n moron!?!" i replied "are you drunk lady?" She says "no! this is a 25mph zone! you can hit kids! my husband is a FHP officer! you want me to report you?" i said "sure, sounds great...!" then she says "oh you think because you have ur little fancy smancy b-m-w you can do anything you want?" i said... "no but you were driving wrecklessly so i went around you and i was doing 20-30 through the whole neighborhood...!" her last reply was "you and your bmw can go to hell!"

Funny thing is my neighbor across the street witnessed the whole thing...!

Oh and on the highway when im in the left lane aka fast lane im doin maybe 10-15 over the limit with clear open lane for as far as i can see and some pr*ck cuts in my lane and drives under the speed limit...!

I use my signals everytime for any lane change maneuvers and i love how people just see ur blinkers on to change into their lane and they speed up so you cant change into their lane!

Oh its cool tho how when i see fellow bmw drivers when i wave they wave back! And that includes all bmws, bimmers, and beemers! Old and young, male and female! Although alot of 7 series drivers are d*cks...! One came into where i work (advance auto parts) the other day and has a beat up '96 7 series and talked to me like im trash and dont know jack crap about bimmers. He all like "well i have a NEW bmw... and i know u dont know much about those but im lookin for this xenon bulb..." and he hold up this APC POS bulb wannabe xenon, and Im like "sir thats not a xenon bulb..." and he gets offensively pissed and goes "yes it is! you wouldnt even know!" i happily said "actually yes! yes i do know...! (points outside to my freshly washed dinan 3)"... you should have seen the look on his face... priceless... i then explained how his old ass bmw didnt even have xenons as an option then...! he tried to tell me it was a 2001... :eek: rrrriiighhhtt! hahahaha... :thumbup:

ALL I GOT TO SAY IS F*CK ALL THE HATERS! :flipoff:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn't you know...when you buy a BMW you actually purchase the piece of road directly underneath...

Interesting thing about tailgating is that since I got my 330Ci it doesn't seem to happen as much as it did with my old 5 series....

So maybe the rep has some uses...

·
TiAg 330i
567 Posts
MilleniumBimmer said:
WHEN I SAW THIS THREAD I KNEW RIGHT AWAY I HAD TO COMMENT....!

I have noticed too here in north Florida people do treat Bimmer owners like sh*t...! I dont know what it is but all the time people want to "brake check" me when im driving 4 car lengths behind them @ 45mph in a 45mph zone...!

may be it's florida, too many oldies driving Americans who take driving for granted. get a driving license after 6 hrs behind the wheel as in any other state. what a joke. you go anywhere else in the world, people KNOW how to drive, especially in germany. Germans are agressively drivers, but polite and quite considerate on the roads. I hate those pricks that don't yield after seeing your signal. I always move to another lane when I see cars coming on-ramp. What's worst? Those "speed police", thinking driving at or below speed limit on a 70mph highway is safe. go to driving school :ben:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Want to know my honest opinion?

I think a lot of the people on this board are very narrow minded, conceited and pretty much pricks.

Have you ever noticed anytime someone compares a car to a bmw, (especially an import) there is always a response of:

"... well atleast I drive a bmw."

or

"...pos nippons can never beat m3's"

"... I would still rather drive a bmw..."

I see such arrogant responses all the time in this forum. I realize that not everyone is like this. But the few people who are like this, make everyone look bad.

Everytime I hear someone say "... well atleast I drive a bmw..." I cringe and I am EMBARASSED to be a BMW owner.

I guess it is just sad that "one bad apple" really effects all of us.

·
Registered
314 Posts
you have no idea how much hate i get at school. i have been keyed 3 times in the last year! and on a black car, having metal showing looks ugly as hell. Price to date for repainting? 2000+ cause some pricks cant keep their hands to themselves and work their asses to the bone to afford a german car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ohhh... my favorite topic... other drivers.... I am eventually going to be a police officer. (as soon as someone is hiring).. not to turn this into a topic about other drivers.. but I dont think anyone will give me my own TV show.

I dont think i would write anyone for speeding. Unless ofcourse they were blatently being careless. Or driving REALLY fast...

what really pisses me off about drivers today is THEY ARE ALL NUTZ:::

1. when people block side roads while waiting for traffic lights. ==== really.. just leave a few feet for cars to turn in and out. Its actully a law in NYS. this would fix a LOT of traffic problems.

2. People who "chill" in the passing lane on interstates and expresways.=== Get the **** out of the way. == This would fix a LOT of traffic problems.

3. People who insist on following the car that got caught in the middle of the intersection through the red light. ITS A RED LIGHT>>> STOP DOUCHEBAG. -= this would fix a LOT of traffic problems.

4. People who dont signal turns.-- lane changes, when noones around I can see. If they would.. This would fix a LOT of traffic problems... (becoming repetitive)

5. People who realise that they missed their turn, and STOP in the laft lane with a signal to get to the extream right lane- holding up everyones day. Agian... a LOT of traffic problems

6. People who sneek all the way up and wait untill the last minut to merge for lane closures. """""""""""""

7. People who wont just use cruis control on expressways.. it is really annoying passing the same ******* 10x's and Im not touching my pedal... or better yet... DRIVE NEXT TO ME in the left lane.. as I approach traffic in the right and want to pass... I just lay on the horn in this situation.

8. To sum it all up... I hate everyone who takes their liscense for granted as if it is a RIGHT.. when it is actually a privilige. Driving should be taught... MANDATORY in school. Teachers should be qualified by a BMW drving instructor (LOL)..and then students are required to be qualified by the teacher. Better yet- I wish you had to be interviewed to get a liscense.

I wish there were people who pick one person every day, follow them around all day (secretly) and at the end of the day evaluate them. And based on these evaluations liscenses are revoked.

I wish EVERYONE over the age of 60 was road tested yearly. Certainly there are some who drive great. But you all know that some completely lack the capacity to drive. My girlfriends 57year old mother is a perfect example. SHOULD NOT DRIVE.

But I am just one guy... I view driving as an art and because of this I drive the ultimate drivng machine. and I do it with a smile on my face. WAIT until I have the power to ticket. ;)

KB

·
Registered
732 Posts
^^^dude....i wish u were a cop around here! or atleast there were more police officers like you....lots of them around here think they are such badasses by giving out tickets and stuff....also, lotsa BMW owners on the road are nice to eachother, only problem is the women BMW drivers(im not kidding, every woman i have seen on the road with a BMW is the biggest biatch in the world.....) the 7-series people just seem to old to say ne thing to....i once had a guy in a CL600 ask me really nicely to let him go in front of me since he needed to make a right turn, i let him go and then he thanked me by waving too....

·
Bimmerless
1,933 Posts
well, you do have your snotty preppy older owners who really do think they are better because they have a BMW.

but then you have your younger crowd, like the enthusiats here who just love cars and appreciate other good cars too.

so yeah, i can see why us owners get a bad rep.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thou I cruise through the valley, in the shadow of automotive wanna-be's. I shall fear no r!cer, for I am a BMW E46Fanatic and we have the badest whip's that ever burned up the asphalt.

Merry Christmas :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MilleniumBimmer said:

One day while leaving my neighborhood there was this lady in a white toyota camry and she cut me off. She had a stop sign and instead of stopping she flew right in front of me and hit the brakes...! For the next minute she kept brake checking me, and in the process stops in the middle of the road 2 times. I got pissed and floored it to get around her. I get to the end of my neighborhood to get onto the main road and she pulls next to me and goes "wtf is your problem you *****n moron!?!" i replied "are you drunk lady?" She says "no! this is a 25mph zone! you can hit kids! my husband is a FHP officer! you want me to report you?" i said "sure, sounds great...!" then she says "oh you think because you have ur little fancy smancy b-m-w you can do anything you want?" i said... "no but you were driving wrecklessly so i went around you and i was doing 20-30 through the whole neighborhood...!" her last reply was "you and your bmw can go to hell!"
:yikes:

Eeeekkk!!!

I always thought that the 3-series was pretty common and that people really never paid much attention to them. A friend of mine has a 1985 BMW 325i and whenever I ride with him drivers cut him off, they won't let him in, throw cigarette butts at his car, etc. He doesn't drive that aggressively because his Bimmer is falling apart.

I know a local realtor that has a Ferrari 348. He says that people are "nicer" to him when he's driving the Ferrari than his 540i, mostly because it's an attention-getter and people are always gawking at it.

It's amazing that a $30,000-$50,000 hunk of metal, plastic, and glass with a propeller badge can evoke such strong emotions from people.

Oh well, people have their own issues to deal with. It's not going to stop me from enjoying my Bimmer.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts