E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before (I DID SEARCH FOR THIS!) but since I can't find an aswer anywhere I just have to ask...

I can actually answer my own question kind of, because mine doesn't have one, but, is it normal? Not having one.. I read dozens of flashlight threads and related threads and not one person said ''Hey, I don't have a flashlight, what's up with that?'' and eveybody on here talking about them just ''takes it for granted'' that everyone else has it.

It's even mentioned in the E46 ''easter eggs'' and ''secrets'' posts and while some of the listed ''secrets'' mention ''not on all cars'' or ''just europe/us'' the flashlight just doesn't get that sort of mention.. So, what's up with that? Do I own the only ''flashlightless'' E46 in the world? :confused: HAHAHA

Edit:
In case someone asks... No it's not missing (I'm not that dumb ;) ), the socket where you'd plug it in isn't there, seems like there's a groove in the plastic for where it was supposed to be though.

·
:D
7,274 Posts
yeah. all e36 and e30 had them as well.

·
7,274 Posts
oh sorry you're not in the USA. it might be different for european bmws

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend's E36 has one though..

So does my E65 and none of them say ''flashlight'' on the specs list, so... It's probably something else... maybe the plug broke and they didn't bother replacing it and ended up replacing the glovebox too so there wouldn't be a hole in there? I have no idea.. I'm taking my E46 to a BMW dealer soon, they might be able to give me some answers...

·
7,274 Posts
he mentioned in the OP that there's no socket.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
If you have the slot and not the flashlight, buy one of those devices that converts it into an extra lighter socket. I did and use it as a stashed-away phone charger.
Not that I need it with my extra hard-wired sockets, but it's unfortunate that this accessory was discontinued.

I like the glovebox flashlight. Granted, it comically pales in comparison to my 900 lumen Fenix, but it has come in handy a few times when I was swapping a fuse in the dark.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I mentioned before guys, no socket! Just a ''template'' for the cut where the socket should be. But like orb mentioned, it's completely obsolete by now, just think it's a cool thing to have and I was wondering if not having it is common or not ;)

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts
i have a disco ball in mine :dunno:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Mine did not have one because the PO lost it I suppose. Also, something not mentioned, be absolutely sure you don't have the socket. It's tough to tell for sure because I think the contacts don't reveal themselves until a flashlight is slotted into the space. It would seem that BMW, to save costs, would ship every 3 out with the same glove box scenario.

I think the flashlights on our smartphones and the flashlights in the glove boxes are useless. What would be more useful actually is a headband light, so you can use both hands. But hell yeah Fenix - TK35 Ultimate Edition FTW. BMW should pack one of those in all the glove boxes.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.