BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I would like to go the opposite way and restore the newest version of my factory DME software. The previous owner had it flash to 7 564 452 because of SAP delete, which here says "Data record without EOBD", which I believe is the reason I have no CEL. The car has now everything working again: cat, rear o2 sensors, SAP. Since I have an automatic transmission, I should go for 7 564 450, right? 7 564 760 does not state automatic transmission.

Thank you.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
4,972 Posts
Need the last 7 of your VIN and the numbers on your DME.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks like my DME was originally shipped with 7512260, for which the latest revision seems to be 7564450. Am I right?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can certainly give it a try, but currently, I seem to be on the latest version of a different branch. Should it work even in this case?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WinKFP wants to go from 7564452 to 7564452 on its own, so I will go with manual selection. The version printed on the DME is 7512260, for which the latest version is 7564450. Sounds right?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INPA backs that up. But in this case I want to go back to Euro3/4. The current version has EOBD disabled, so no check engine light with ignition on.

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,067 Posts
INPA backs that up. But in this case I want to go back to Euro3/4. The current version has EOBD disabled, so no check engine light with ignition on.
Ah I see, sorry, I forgot you don’t want to update, but rather specify an EU3 or EU4 ZUSB. Yes, bmwfans.info shows 7564450 for EU3/4 and that is the one I would choose.

It’s always a good idea to check the sedan for same prod date to verify. Sometimes the coupe page is a little confusing/unclear.

FWIW: MS43 uses the same software version (ZUSB) for both manual and automaric transmissions.

I deleted my previous incorrect posts to avoid confusion. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked that now as well. Another option may be 7 564 760, but that one does not explicitly state automatic, just smg, also my original version 7 512 260 from the dme cover goes to 7 564 450 according to the version history dazy chain.

·
Registered
2005 325i Auto
833 Posts
Did you hear about the Flasher who flashed 2 Nuns? One had a stroke, the other was too slow. ;)
Lol.... Careful mate.

Our Antipodean vulgar humor is often misinterpreted in the northern hemisphere. I know this because I lived there for 2 years and am a repeat offender myself. Eyebrows weren't just raised, they shot off into space.

Then there's the little matter of us being at "beer o'clock" while these guys are getting out of bed... what could possibly go wrong.

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L and 2.0L Z3's
817 Posts
Then there's the little matter of us being at "beer o'clock" while these guys are getting out of bed... what could possibly go wrong.
Yes it is a hot Friday afternoon. Just back in from washing the E46 ready for the weekends outings and the first cold beverage has been cracked.

I'll take your comments about Antipodean vulgar humor on board and scale back my humour.

·
Registered
2005 325i Auto
833 Posts
Yes it is a hot Friday afternoon. Just back in from washing the E46 ready for the weekends outings and the first cold beverage has been cracked.

I'll take your comments about Antipodean vulgar humor on board and scale back my humour.
Best not take my advice, I am much worse than you lol. It certainly wasn't a rebuke or something, that would be beyond the limits of hypocracy coming from me.

And how is it hot in NZ?? You must be on the North Island? I was on the south once in October/November and it was snowing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, thank you. Your guides have been very helpful, so I'm confident with the process.
The flash went quick and troublefree and I was rewarded with a correctly working CEL. I'm very happy. :giggle: Two questions:

1) I received an intermittent low coolant light on the first start. It went away after a couple seconds and did not return for the second start. Is something like this common/acceptable after a DME flash?
I've never had this light on before and I'm completely topped off at the moment.

2) I reset my adaptations after the flash. Are STFT between 5-10% acceptable for a cold start/open loop phase?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts