E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yep, just did mine... 5 MT 300ci... slightly tighter steering at some speeds, totally not feeling anything at other speeds... no really change in power, except the engine seems to rev lowder... For the simple install, it's cool... Otherway, I'm not sure it's worth the money if you are looking for power - I was looking for the power steering effect since I have the 01 soft steering...

·
Registered
66 Posts
You still need to take the fan off to take off the WP Pulley
Yeah, I know the plastic fan itself has to come off, but does the metal piece (about 5" diamater) have to come off?

(BTW what is the WP pulley? :hmm: )
I was actually just using this DIY for info on replacing the belt with an auto transmission fan set up - for supercharger install.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Yeah, I know the plastic fan itself has to come off, but does the metal piece (about 5" diamater) have to come off?

(BTW what is the WP pulley? :hmm: )
I was actually just using this DIY for info on replacing the belt with an auto transmission fan set up - for supercharger install.

Thanks.
The metal peice is attached to the WP (Water pump) you need to take that off in order to detach and reattach the Water Pump Pulley. If you don't take off the metal peice there is no way for the Pulley to come off

·
Registered
66 Posts
The metal peice is attached to the WP (Water pump) you need to take that off in order to detach and reattach the Water Pump Pulley. If you don't take off the metal peice there is no way for the Pulley to come off
I see, thanks for the reply. I think for just pulling off the belt then I should be fine to leave it on. I'll give it a shot tonight. I don't need to take the WP pulley off (water pump :banghead: - I knew that... :eek:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
No need to remove the fan from the fan clutch

I have the slushbox - I took one look at what it would take to get those bolts that hold the fan to the fan clutch off and thought there must be another way...I was able to use a regular craftsman 32mm wrench and a FORD water pump pulley tool rented from autozone to hold the pulley from turning via 2 of the water pump pulley bolts, (or use the prior suggestion for the socket and extenders, etc) either is bit of a tight squeeze but works. Fan and fan clutch come out easily as one, with shroud.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.