Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Where is the brake light switch?

Where is DME connection at A60004 pin 23\

Where is EWS Pinout #8
Brake light switch is mounted behind the brake pedal, you'll see it

Let me take pics of the DME connection. Cuz explaining it won't help

EWS pinout #8 is near the pedal assembly, you will see it. It's a white box that says EWS on it. Pinout #8 is one of the empty connectors on the wiring harness to it. The pinouts are numbered.

Let me take some pictures of the wiring really quick... Give me a couple of mins

EDIT: added it to the DIY

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
Where is the brake light switch?

Where is DME connection at A60004 pin 23\

Where is EWS Pinout #8
A60004 is the fourth plug and then pin 23 (I think it is yellow) is numbered

all of this is fully detailed in the WDS and to some extent in the Bentley Manual

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the help i found PIN 23 and the EWS, I put in the pedal assembly today the clutch pedal and brake pedal, this is my daily driver so im doing things slowly.

The Module, clutch switch Mounts on to the Input cylinder clutch

Where Does The Clutch Switch Goes the one that mounts on to the pedal bracket?

The pipe that mounts on to the Input Cylinder Clutch where does that go through ? The same place as the hose which goes into the brake fluid EXPANSION TANK

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks for the help i found PIN 23 and the EWS, I put in the pedal assembly today the clutch pedal and brake pedal, this is my daily driver so im doing things slowly.

The Module, clutch switch Mounts on to the Input cylinder clutch

Where Does The Clutch Switch Goes the one that mounts on to the pedal bracket?

The pipe that mounts on to the Input Cylinder Clutch where does that go through ? The same place as the hose which goes into the brake fluid EXPANSION TANK
The clutch switch goes in one of the mounting holes in the pedal assembly. The bottom one so that when you depress the clutch pedal, it presses the actuator in.

The pipe that mounts to the bottom of the master cylinder runs under the carpet towards the accelerator pedal area. There is a punch out that you need to get under the car and knock out. Its black felt

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
you need a pin and add it to the end of the wire - then it plugs right in to the EWS plug and then into the EWS

·
Registered
740 Posts
Great job man. And I have that exact same little red shop light from craftsman, it's so bright! lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ok all the parts ordered and grand total is at just under 1800.00$....add to that the cost of reprogramming the total will be under 2000.00 so i cant wait for the parts to arrive and weather to get warm....then a full days of work and i'll finally have a manual which , buying an automatic , is the biggest regret with my car and it will finally be fixed...thanks again OP for a great write up

·
Registered
813 Posts
i added the PIN in the EWS is really hard getting to it you have to take off the cover in order to get the pin in, i got in next al do the wiring when i get the sensor from BMW tomorow

61 - 80 of 484 Posts