BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
just got done reading it....i wish i could go get all the parts and start on the swap this weekend :rofl: :rofl:....awesome writeup. its very well done and very detailed :thumbup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanks! But Diff? My auto already came with the 3.46 diff so I didn't see any need in replacing it. I guess it's the preferred manual transmission diff. It sure does have a lot of highway pull though. Even in 5th gear
i keep forgetting the auto 328, 323, 325 have a 3.46, one less mod you have to do now:)

·
When Keepin' it real goes..
6,631 Posts
5-speed is the best lost art!!!

A++!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
very educational thread! props for all the hard work and posting up a DIY

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
just got done reading it....i wish i could go get all the parts and start on the swap this weekend :rofl: :rofl:....awesome writeup. its very well done and very detailed :thumbup:
:thanks: Thank you!

i keep forgetting the auto 328, 323, 325 have a 3.46, one less mod you have to do now:)
exactly! :D

That's insane!! Great Job! I'd eventually want to swap to a six-speed or and SMG maybe, getting tired of the auto.. but besides, Great write up! :thumbsup:
You guys flatter me! Thank you! If you ever need any help, dont hesitate to ask

This thread is awesome!!
Nice job, man!
Thank you! I just figured I'd give back to the community!

5-speed is the best lost art!!!

A++!!!!!!!1
I'm enjoying it very much so far!

Okay i am adding this DIY to my sig. This is a killer one, so well done.
Hey! that's awesome. More access, thank you

very educational thread! props for all the hard work and posting up a DIY
Not a problem at all! I always wanted to upgrade my photobucket account to pro and this gave me a reason!

:bow: you're the man

328ci FTW!!!!
Gotta represent! :str8pimpi

·
Registered
309 Posts
too bad your not closer to me, id pay ya to do mine... :) badass write up, and btw thank you for the PM heads up on it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice DIY.

Please remember who give you right SA code to make your car running with manual gearbox :str8pimpi
If anyone need help with coding don´t hesitate to ask help :4ngie:

Best regards,
Dunky

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nice DIY.

Please remember who give you right SA code to make your car running with manual gearbox :str8pimpi
If anyone need help with coding don´t hesitate to ask help :4ngie:

Best regards,
Dunky
Yes! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that for me

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well done. Just one comment for others - You dont need to buy the special SAC tool, it can be done DIY - see my thead here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=629140
See, that's a great DIY as well but I think that should only be used if you want to re-use your existing pressure plate. The SAC alignment tool only costs $17 from pelican parts and it's so easy to use vs making your own tool that costs more... i.e in your DIY, buying 3 jaw pullers for $30

41 - 60 of 484 Posts