BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi blink977!

I'd like more help. I purchased an ELV emulator and so I already have the ignition. However, the module still does not "start". I connected all the wires you described except "pin19 Wake Up" and "pin 30 PA bus". I don't know where to tie them. I tested the pin 41 clutch cable at +12 volts.

Could it help why you can't "start up"?

Thanks, Norbert

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice info for beginners, but it is not as complicated as you wrote, for example: why do you worry about CAS-DME sync? The CAS installed in E46 will remain orphan, without DME or something else, EWS module will still remain in your car, and play immo role. Just wire up CAS, KGM and PGS(passive go), go to JLpcb and order my pcb board and parts for it, solder everything, and you are ready to go.
Important info on Passive GO: I mentioned earlier that Passive Go will sometimes see the key fob, and sometimes not. I figured out why it happens: PGS module needs message about vehicle speed from DSC module within CAN-bus. It just needs to know is vehicle stationary or not, if yes, it will start, if no, it won't. Unfortunately it is impossible to wire E9X or E6X DCS module in E46, because newer DSC's are bus users on PT-CAN(powertrain CAN), which does not exist in E46. Even if you will install DSC module in E46, it will not work, because it uses active wheel speed sensors, which are not driven by toothed wheel in wheel hub, but with magnet inside hub. In addition to this, wheel sensor will send signal every 70 milliseconds when vehicle is standing, which tells the module that vehicle is stationary. In my case PGS module does not receive message from DSC, that's why it works sometime, and some time not. I don't have any idea yet, how to solve this. My E46 is sold out, and I'm owner of E92 335i.
As for door handles, honestly I never thought about installing them, but I'm sure it is possible, E9X door handles are preferred, because they have capacitive sensor inside handle itself

I wonder if there’s a way to install the sensors and trick them ? (Magnets/metal?)

141 - 144 of 144 Posts