BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that my engine blew on my 330 smg in December. This was after I replaced my seal and it was working flawlessly. After I swap the interior and rims and brakes on my other e46, ill be parting out whatever anyone wants. If anyone needs any specific smg parts shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that my engine blew on my 330 smg in December. This was after I replaced my seal and it was working flawlessly. After I swap the interior and rims and brakes on my other e46, ill be parting out whatever anyone wants. If anyone needs any specific smg parts shoot me a pm.
Wholly crap, Very sorry. What the heck happened?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought e46 330ci SSG 5-speed. I had to change clutch and dmf. during the cluch replacement I had notice, that my slave cylinder is bleeding.

Here is what I did:

1. I ordered #21521159332 (from local dealer 51 ***8364; - $57).
2. Then I removed the slave cylinder (on 5-speed transmission it's not that easy, I had to remove: transmission support cross, protection plate, hydraulic pump, expansion tank, hydraulic line to slave cylinder, than at last slave cylinder)
3. Than I visited a seal maker, he made for me a main piston seal 12x20x5,5 FKM and two seals for expansion tank (expansion cap cover and where the hydraulic pump is connected with expansion tank - FKM of course). (6 ***8364; - $7)
4. Filled with new hydraulic oil (10 ***8364; - $11)
5. INPA - bleeding the clutch
6. Check for expansion tank, filled to "max"

Maybe this can help someone in the future :)

Thanks for this topic, very helpful!

Works great :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought e46 330ci SSG 5-speed. I had to change clutch and dmf. during the cluch replacement I had notice, that my slave cylinder is bleeding.

Here is what I did:

1. I ordered #21521159332 (from local dealer 51 € - $57).
2. Then I removed the slave cylinder (on 5-speed transmission it's not that easy, I had to remove: transmission support cross, protection plate, hydraulic pump, expansion tank, hydraulic line to slave cylinder, than at last slave cylinder)
3. Than I visited a seal maker, he made for me a main piston seal 12x20x5,5 FKM and two seals for expansion tank (expansion cap cover and where the hydraulic pump is connected with expansion tank - FKM of course). (6 € - $7)
4. Filled with new hydraulic oil (10 € - $11)

I should find you the photo of the pool of hydraulic fluid left outside my house when this method can fail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having some problems with my ssg system I have removed the actuator today and it's dry. I have looked at the resovior and identified the fill cap bit I can't see the min max lines can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I am having some problems with my ssg system I have removed the actuator today and it's dry. I have looked at the resovior and identified the fill cap bit I can't see the min max lines can anyone point me in the right direction?

On my reservior this is considered full by BMW. I cannot recall fill lines, but I remember the CHF11s (dark fluid) being more than 3/4 of the tank. The system should not "use" any fluid at all.

Edit... Better picture. Yellow full line.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you I will check.the level tomorrow. I don't think it has this much oil in. I have had the actuator out and this is dry despite the symptoms pointing to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

Here is what I did:

1. I ordered #21521159332 (from local dealer 51 € - $57).
3. Than I visited a seal maker, he made for me a main piston seal 12x20x5,5 FKM and two seals for expansion tank (expansion cap cover and where the hydraulic pump is connected with expansion tank - FKM of course). (6 € - $7)
4. Filled with new hydraulic oil (10 € - $11)

HI There, how's your seal replacement is it still working well?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sold my car, but I stayed in touch with the new owner.
Last month I was talking to him and he told me, that it works great and the fluid level is good. :thumbsup:
Can I order just the piston seal from you since you easily make those at your place and FKM material is viton which is more reliable than the stock one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "thurston512, publicación: 17547721, miembro: 174488"]
Aquí hay algunas fotos del sello que estoy usando actualmente.
[/ CITAR]

Does the seal still work well with that measure?

I have to do the same job in my car.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "thurston512, publicación: 17547721, miembro: 174488"]
Aquí hay algunas fotos del sello que estoy usando actualmente.
[/ CITAR]

Does the seal still work well with that measure?

I have to do the same job in my car.

Thanks a lot
[/thurston512]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad this was helpful. Unfortunate about that shop you had to deal with. Let me know how this works out and if you have any questions.

BTW it's been 4+ months without any problems this summer in both heat and traffic. 👍

[EDIT:] Just wanted to update that as of Aug. 29, 2014 still no problems :)
what did you use to remove the new seal from the new piston?

101 - 116 of 116 Posts