E46 Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 120 of 171 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
has anyone in the UK done this,
I have a v reg 328ci and have bought the m3 multifunction silver wheel and cable set.
I am too scared to complete this on my own and was wandering if someone has already done this would they care to help me do mine.
I will drive to them of course.
Do you have manual instructions in PDF and year of your car is?

· Registered
10 Posts
I have 2 instructions in PDF, If you want send me your email address and I will send to you. This is realy simple to do. I' didn't buy orginal cables because it's cost too much. I made the cables myself and I'am not electrician :) I think that you can make only radio control and lightining ( I did like that ) to work because your engine is M52 and if you want to do a cruise control that will be a bigger problem, you have discribed all that here on this forum about cruise control.

· Registered
24 Posts
Hello, I would be very grateful if you could better explain this to my understanding.

I have a 2002 330i M54 engine. Its fully equipped with cruise control. It has a 4 spoke Multifunction steering wheel.
I also have a 2002 316 N42 engine also with 4 spoke steering wheel but without multifunction buttons on it.

I drive the 2002 316 mostly and i would like to know if it possible to equip it with the cruise control from my 330i.

· Registered
1999 328i
359 Posts
my car is e46 1999 328i Euro spec. I've done this retrofit in my car, I had square leather non multifunction before. I retrofit the sport 3 spoke model and every thing working fine, Radio control, Cruise control. I recommend this DIY.

Thanks for you all for your help.

· Registered
293 Posts
my car is e46 1999 328i Euro spec. I've done this retrofit in my car, I had square leather non multifunction before. I retrofit the sport 3 spoke model and every thing working fine, Radio control, Cruise control. I recommend this DIY.

Thanks for you all for your help.
Its just plug and play for you. you already have it installed.
Awesome. Thank you guys

· Registered
10 Posts
As the title suggest this post describes how to retrofit the mfl buttons on a M3 steering wheel (from what I've seen it should be ok for the other types of steering wheels too.) for E46 models from 6/2000 and onwards.

I'm about to try out this guide tonight. What is this cable for? I bought the official wiring kit, and I don't see anything similar in there.

Also, once I'm inside the DME box, do I just insert the wire into PIN27 and nothing else? The official BMW guide said to connect A6 to A8 for some reason.

Thanks!

Ming

· Registered
529 Posts
I'm about to try out this guide tonight. What is this cable for? I bought the official wiring kit, and I don't see anything similar in there.

Also, once I'm inside the DME box, do I just insert the wire into PIN27 and nothing else? The official BMW guide said to connect A6 to A8 for some reason.

Thanks!

Ming
That connects the MFL panel to the steering wheel.
If you are doing the ZCP conversion, you already have it. The one button panel uses the same connector.

...and yes, pin27 should be the only thing to hook up in the DME. Looks like A8 is only for M47TU diesel engines.

· Registered
34 Posts
Cazz, I'm going to do the retrofit on a late 2004 325i with four spoke non MF steering wheel. I've ordered an M sport MF steering wheel and the cruise control cable set, waiting for them to come. But I'm a little confused with that small cable mentioned in the first and last posts, do I need that?

· Registered
529 Posts
Cazz, I'm going to do the retrofit on a late 2004 325i with four spoke non MF steering wheel. I've ordered an M sport MF steering wheel and the cruise control cable set, waiting for them to come. But I'm a little confused with that small cable mentioned in the first and last posts, do I need that?
It is included as part of the steering wheel.

It is part #5:
Link

· Registered
34 Posts
Thank you Cazz, it was included.

I'm gonna do the wiring tomorrow but so far the first part which is swapping the 4-spoke steering wheel with an M sport multifunction wheel is done.

Could you guys please look at attached pictures and tell me the airbag is properly fitted or not?

I've not had a close look at a factory installed M sport steering wheel but in my setup the gap between the wheel and upper edge of airbag seems to me more than what its supposed to be.

Was there anything to adjust how deep the airbag sits?
Steering wheel is brand new but the airbag I bought is second hand. Don't know if this has anything to do with the fitting issue.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 171 Posts