E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
if I understand correct you have a problem with the airbag light coming on....I had the same problem because I connected the battery to see whether the cruise control was functioning before I put everything else back together. So the obc didn't have a signal for the airbag and the light came on. When I installed everything, I erased the fault code and everything was ok.

Yours is probably a more serious problem since you erasing it and it keeps coming on.
Did you by any chance used a lot of force when you unpluged the airbag plugs and damaged them? They are very sensitive.
Also is there a chance you forgot to connect them when you reistalled the steering wheel?

·
Registered
23 Posts
need 2002 ECU socket contact

hi guys,
I have a 2002 bmw and the socket connector to the ECU that comes with the wiring harness (part no. 611200160120) does not fit my car :cry:.
I need the A7 - A8 socket contact as shown in the installation instructions but I cannot find the part number. I've checked realoem but I can't find it.
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have asked my local garage to search for this part with BMW and the number does not exist. Apparently it is a digit too long? - can anybody assist in identifying the cable harness?

cable set (part no. 611200160120) doesnt seem to exist.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
MFL installed

I bought a used M3 steering with with paddle shifter and MFL.
The shitfer works but the cruise control is not working.
FYI, my car originally came with MFL install (from information decoded from the VIN - S710A
M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL M sports steering wheel, multifunction )

Anyway, do i need to activate this an the dealership?
how to check if the MFL is faulty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a used M3 steering with with paddle shifter and MFL.
The shitfer works but the cruise control is not working.
FYI, my car originally came with MFL install (from information decoded from the VIN - S710A
M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL M sports steering wheel, multifunction )

Anyway, do i need to activate this an the dealership?
how to check if the MFL is faulty?
Im making very good progress on this project..it turned out that my car do not have the harness for mfl. I guess the vin decoded data was not accurate.
I went to auta bavaria and asked for the harness.. They dont carry them anymore, so i made my own. Cost me RM5 and about 3 hours to complete.
By the way, rm5 is about us1.75.
Struggled quite a bit to route the wire to the ecu.

It is done and working fine. Tq for the DIY procedure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will try to do it tomorrow.. i have the steering wheel.. and it came with the second cable set.. but i can't find the first cable set.. so im gonna try and make one. its very simple actually based on what i've seen in the pdf diagram.

my ride is a 2000 318 ci . i'll keep you posted and maybe i'll take some pics.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I did this last weekend and it wasn't too bad.
It took me a while to figure out where the cable pass was. Once you know where the hole is, it's easy. Look for the "x" in the material above the pedals in the firewall.

I made my own connector as well. I used something like these taps from radio shack and they seemed to work fine and make a clean install.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104093&CAWELAID=107599355

I'm assuming you already have 4 connectors (part number 61130005197 or similar).

Good luck.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok.. i ran into some trouble and i need your help.

i started disassembling and reached the green plug on the steering column and unplugged it. i found totally different cable colors . here is an image.

any idea what to do ?!

thanks

I did this last weekend and it wasn't too bad.

I'm assuming you already have 4 connectors (part number 61130005197 or similar).

:thumbsup:
no i dont.. should I ? i have connectors like the ones you had from radio shack , do i need anything else?

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hmmm. That looks different that I was seeing.

The green plug I used looked like this one (plug X10170):

buy my vehicle is an '05.

The instructions I followed where from this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=544160 and this one http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=215481&highlight=cruise+lcm+retrofit

When I got to the step with the green plug, pins 8-10 were empty since the car wasn't wired for multifunction. I used the connectors (called bushing contacts or blade connectors) to add wires on pins 8-10 and then ran 2 wires to the LCM and one to the engine control box. The wires to the LCM are for power and i-bus. Another connector was needed to connect the wire in the engine compartment and is used by the cruise control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
and I'm done,

the green plug is the same , only shaped differently. i couldn't get those small pen connectors that goes on A1 A2 A3 A6 ends so i just pushed the wire its self in the plug, and the radio control and volume control buttons worked just fine, i clicked on the cruse control buttons but nothing happened, maybe i should be driving !! :rolleyes: . or maybe some of the wires slipped out. i don't know .

but i think it should work fine.

anyways here is an image of how it finally looked like.

many many thank to the DIY man and for all of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since you have a 2000 your car may not be "drive by wire". If it has a mechanical throttle, the cruise control is a separate module with moving parts. If you have the M43 engine, it has a mechanical throttle.
:banghead:
:cry:

whats the solution for this? do i have to buy the module ? whats the part number and is it hard to install?

·
Registered
501 Posts
You have exceeded my knowledge. I did look in realoem and it doesn't look like there is a retrofit kit.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BL31&mospid=47610&btnr=66_0039&hg=66&fg=95

"CANNOT BE RETROFITTED, SINCE VEHICLE IS NOT EQUIPPED WITH WIRING AND VARIOUS CONTROL UNITS NECESSARY."

:dunno:

Start a new thread and see if anyone has retrofitted a cruise on your model. It would involve putting in a control unit, the actuator, wiring and maybe brake and clutch switches.

21 - 40 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.