E46 Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the part from Germany... a bit pricy in Euros and shipping BUT the part is OEM and ready to be installed. You cannot order this part from BMW. The only other solution is to buy a used instrument cluster on ebay, which could cost over $100 if you can find one. Many thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same thing happened to me. After painting the needles, tried assembling, and notice i had broken something... I thought all hope was lost, luckily I found your post and it linked me here. Took a bit of playing around with to get it right. But saved me lots of money and frustration. Thanks so much! :D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just completed this fix.

Patience is right...it took me many "prototypes" to get what I wanted, but it turned out great. I used JB Weld instead of Gorilla, otherwise pretty much the same.

Many thanks GCoop, brilliant! And thanks as well to the many #1 paperclips that sacrificed their paperclip lives for my cause :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have anymore of the billet fixes. I fixed my car, my grandmothers and sold a couple spares. With the popularity of the paperclip fix, I don't think I could sell enough of these to be worth the cost to make more. They have held up great by the way. I don't think it would be possible to break one.
I bet people would buy them at a steady pace. A fix like that that will be 100%guaranteed to work and not ever break. No messing with glue, no buying more plastic part that will just break again. Once I'm in there I'm having some made billet or buying from whoever sells them. It's not something I want to mess with over and over again. The 46 driver can afford it......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I first read this fix about 6 months ago, and somewhere near then end of the thread there was an ad from a german manufacturer that was offering new, replacement shafts. Did not order then. Am now ready to place an order, rather than try to mod mine (have reason to doubt my mechanical skills now, due to age) and cannot seem to find the ad. Anybody else seen the ad? Have info?

·
Registered
2002 330Ci vert
1,486 Posts
Looks like they either stopped carrying it or are temporarily out of stock. Below is a link that gets around the current “Product not found” page and places the item directly in the shopping cart.

Don’t know if the checkout process will work using this, and if it does, even whether they’ll still send you the part: http://onlineshop.wunschtacho.de/sh....html/XTCsid/802ec2505d0024ef4162b3a3052f78a6.

As DEADF15H said, you’ll probably have better luck sending them an e-mail. The part number they used to reference that piece when the page was active was “TZ-016.” Also showed it having been in their catalog since February 08, 2010.

Might help with tracking it down.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 167 Posts