E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to flood the board with my whoring messages, but i think this is what all of you would want.

Allright.. Here is the DIY for you guys...

Fog lights:
-dig holes where your new bulbs will go into.
-wire to the available spot on the stock hardness. You have to come up with your own crimpiing.. I had mine way.. so it looks stock.
- run wires thru the trunk to the black plastic hose to the trunk. ...Then now you can be creative on how to run it to you rear light.
-Find a 5 volt source (pin 1 and 6). Tap it in there. Voilaa.....

Disabled front corner light: -make sure you do, so that it's reversible.. just incase you have to sell your car.

-switch place of the front signal light and side marker
-Use Power resistor of 20W to wire parallelly to the new side marker. Thus, computer will not display fault code in the dashboard. ..... Tadaaaaa

Alright.. I think that's everything you need to DIY these mods. I charge people ( a bunch of E46fan.. you know who you are..heheh) a flat 50 bucks to do the installation (materials and stuff included). So if you live in Orange county, or wherever,..bring your car by. I would love to do it for you for free, but time is money. Additionally, I can't do it for free, since there are 100's of you out there wanna get these mods. Also, I need mod for my car too..hehehehe..... .. Pm me if you interested.:pimpin:

·
Registered
493 Posts
vinnymac said:
I'm just curious to why you would want to disable your front corners?
I think the basic idea is that your front corners stay off and light only when signaling. Not that I agree with the logic, but as I see it, there would be 2 basic reasons:

1. You have DAE's or DDE's and want them to stand out.
2. Most corner lights burn amber, or off-white and don't blend well with xeon's, fogs, or DAE's or DDE's.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
Jano said:

I think the basic idea is that your front corners stay off and light only when signaling. Not that I agree with the logic, but as I see it, there would be 2 basic reasons:

2. Most corner lights burn amber, or off-white and don't blend well with xeon's, fogs, or DAE's or DDE's.
can't agree with you more... just look at the 5er or m5.. look at how nice the light look at night :thumbup:

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,628 Posts
Jano said:

plus, on the european version of our car, the front corners aren't lit. they don't have clearance lights like our U.S. version cars. (they also don't have the goofy front reflectors like ours) instead they have city lights that go in the little holes in the high beam lenses... ...and they all come stock with rear fog lights, front fogs are usually an option...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here ya go

Mnice .. look in your rear light housing.. you will find pin 1 and 6.

Tim330i... the 20 W resistor will use up some of the current to trick the computer... thus there won't be any fault code in the dashboard.. Also the signal light will blink nice and slow like stock..

Attachments

·
Beware of pwner
1,713 Posts
Hey Dirtboy,

For the City lights, are they supposed to be on all the time, or only when the car is on? I read somewhere, that there is very little current draw, so you can leave them on when the car is off, and when you start your car, the battery charges again. Is this the way it is in Europe?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

1 - 20 of 27 Posts