BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna do my oil change myself today, using the diy instructions from 330ci.com. But then I look under the car and noticed that it doesn't have an oil cover compartment.

Instead, I did see what looked to be a drain point. It had about 3 hex bolts holding a black circle cap closed. Is this where the oil is drained or is this where the transmission fluid is drained.

I didn't raise the car, I just turned the wheel to right, and could see and access the site in question.

I drive a 323i 99e46 so I wanted to be sure I didn't drain the wrong fluids? I should be able to change the oil without jacking the car up right? I'm a cheap bastage and don't wanna get a jack or lift.:eeps:

·
Registered
684 Posts
smood1 said:
I was gonna do my oil change myself today, using the diy instructions from 330ci.com. But then I look under the car and noticed that it doesn't have an oil cover compartment.

Instead, I did see what looked to be a drain point. It had about 3 hex bolts holding a black circle cap closed. Is this where the oil is drained or is this where the transmission fluid is drained.

I didn't raise the car, I just turned the wheel to right, and could see and access the site in question.

I drive a 323i 99e46 so I wanted to be sure I didn't drain the wrong fluids? I should be able to change the oil without jacking the car up right? I'm a cheap bastage and don't wanna get a jack or lift.:eeps:
sedans don't have the compartment door...

no thats not it...from the passenger side just behind the front wheel...you should be able to see the drain bolt. 17mm i think.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umnitza .. jetblack.. thanks..I got it now.. The video was a big help.. Nice little website there.:pimpin:

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts

Actually, how do you describe it, proud and embarrassed. There is SOOOO much that I have to finish on that site, my list runs the lenth of my car in single space 4pt font:(

But, I will have HUGE info in the next three days:
we're doing an install fest that mpactmotorsports.com is sponsoring here locally.

There we will be removing bushings, installing suspensions, etc.
Not to mention the X-braces, HID installs, etc.

So, keep going back, I'll ahve a full video section soon:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts