E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
BTW.....here is a picture of my EURO SPEC LCM.

auto-lights, rear fog lights, and manually electronic leveling

PS. jared....you need to do the rear fog light retrofit. Very easy!!! I posted a DIY but I deleted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ADA said:
BTW.....here is a picture of my EURO SPEC LCM.

auto-lights, rear fog lights, and manually electronic leveling

PS. jared....you need to do the rear fog light retrofit. Very easy!!! I posted a DIY but I deleted it.
Yeah I want the rear fogs as well, I just want to get through my transmission swap first before opening any other can of worms. As for the tire pressure functions. I would go with OEM because of the look unless you can convince me otherwise. Any more info on this Smart Tire company? Link?

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
Ivegotissues666 said:
Yeah I want the rear fogs as well, I just want to get through my transmission swap first before opening any other can of worms. As for the tire pressure functions. I would go with OEM because of the look unless you can convince me otherwise. Any more info on this Smart Tire company? Link?
Dude, just go to www.smartire.com as I pointed out. I am going to mount the "remote monitor display unit" on the opposite side of the LCM (on the wiper side of the steeering wheel).

I don't like OEM because all it does is go BEEP BEEP BEEP when your pressure is low. It doesn't tell you what tire is flat. heck, it doesn't even tell you the tire pressure or temperature of each tire. All it does is warn you when one of the tires go flat.

The smart tire is an active monitoring. At any given second, I can look up and check each individual tire pressure/temperature individually. It has a cool display too.

Anyhow, it is your car so you can do what you want. As for me, I am diffinately going the smartire route.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey man, thanks for the great write up. I noticed the cutout for these lights on my 323 when I did the final stage resistor.

One thing that really drives me crazy is the lack of reading/map lamps in my 323. Realoem shows the new piece at $109, ouch. Need to find me a parts car. Have any thoughts on retrofitting these?

Also no lights for the passenger visor. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased a used E46 reading lamp assembly on e-Bay for very cheap, only to discover that the wiring connector is a completely different shape and style. I still have it in my parts drawer in case someone has cut the wires before and posts how to do it.

Since that one central button sends a signal to illuminate all of the other interior lights, I lost my nerve. Or at least, lost interest while I worked on other things. :)

--Trip

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ivegotissues666,

This is an AWESOME write up! I just finished myself in an hour or so and it was a tremendous exercise for beginner who needs to get comfortable monkeying around in the passenger's wiring compartment.

Thanks a bunch!

--Trip

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I purchased a used E46 reading lamp assembly on e-Bay for very cheap, only to discover that the wiring connector is a completely different shape and style. I still have it in my parts drawer in case someone has cut the wires before and posts how to do it.

Since that one central button sends a signal to illuminate all of the other interior lights, I lost my nerve. Or at least, lost interest while I worked on other things. :)

--Trip
I bought and installed the reading lamp assembly on my e46 sedan and got it working. I know that the connectors are different, but it's not too hard to get working. You have to connect the map lights to the positive from the garage door opener connector that is up in the space above the lights. This is the same line that most people tap into for their radar detectors. I can now use my map lights, but only when the car is actually in the on/running position, not when the car is off. If I get a chance, I will take some pictures and write up a DIY so you can see how I did it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Step 5: Once you made your socket connector crimp the ends with those blade connectors and connect the + to the Red/Blue Wire Barrier terminal and the - to the Brown Wire terminal. I did not have to extend the wires of the socket connector on the passenger side the length of wire was more than enough.

Jared
I'm trying to install the footwell lights, i already ran the wires, but as i was supposed to connect the wires to that black box, i realized there was not enough free spaces, atleast not for the ground and not for the combo with with the red wires with blue strip, this one had only one empty slot.... how is it possible.
Looking at the black box in the picture, there's allso 2 more of those black combo connectors than in my car...
Anyway i connected the lights ground wires to the ground points under the front seats, and one of the red wires to the box...
Can i connect the remaining red wire to any of those combos or do they all have different functions? or does it have to be the combo with red wires with blue strip?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice

I want to try to add foot lighting to my 323i but I can’t seem to follow your pictures, :cry:specifically, where to connect the wires In the glove box, all I see are a whole heck of a lot of wires!!! The pictures you provide don’t show how or where to add them, any way you can show me or give a bit more information, i really do appreciate all that you have given us so far to add OEM lighting to those BMWs who lack the lamination :clap:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.