E46 Fanatics Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

Some info here when I did it. If you Google search you can get part numbers. If you struggle someone will post them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry if this was already answered, or if I am beating a dead horse, but are we saying we need to get a new harness as well as new wires for models that are not originally equipped with heated seats?

Context: I have a 2005 330ci and bought oem heated seats from a 2003 330ci. I also bought the correct control panel. Will my current harness fit the new control panel, and all i need to do is run a few new wires as detailed in the thread?

BTW thank you Jared for the amazing DIY!

·
Registered
E46 Coupe 330ci Oct 03 Mystic Blau Metallic
12 Posts
Hi mate! Provided you have electric seats from factory there will be a plug ready to receive the lumbar connector and is plug and play. The plug is on back of the seat adjust controller.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have two E46. One with and one without heated seats. Both cars are the same color. Would it be easier to swap the seats, harness, buttons etc. from one to another, or would it be better to buy a new harness for the car that does not have the heated seats?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cut the carpet to get access
Get a de-pinning tool
Unbolt the grounding block to get access. The spade lugs are really hard to remove
Thanks for the tips!
My car is already equipped with the fuses and corresponding wires. Do you know if I will need to harvest the K-bus wire (the wt/rd/yl wire that goes to pin 23 on the console switch), or should I already be equipped with that too?

201 - 212 of 212 Posts