BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the interior LED lights kit from Khoalty. The kit came with no installation instructions whatsoever. In fact, the LEDs don't even have labels on them to know what goes where. All I know is there are 14 bulbs in total.
The question is: does anyone have any DIY for this particular kit or installation guide or anything as such?

Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You don't need a DIY kit man. All you do is pop out your lights and match them with ones that fit. I did this too, not that hard.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another screwup! need help!

hey guys, these screw ups don't seem to go away. i installed these LED bulbs and now my interior lights wont turn on when i unlock/open the doors. and guess what, i have also linked my angel eyes to turn on when i unlock/open the doors.

:help:

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
Just purchased the interior LED lights kit from Khoalty. The kit came with no installation instructions whatsoever. In fact, the LEDs don't even have labels on them to know what goes where. All I know is there are 14 bulbs in total.
The question is: does anyone have any DIY for this particular kit or installation guide or anything as such?

Thanks.
installed my the other day using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtJXhfAyyw hope it helps!
Just purchased from Khoalty as well. Great seller but no instructions. Video was perfect, thanks :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
556 Posts
Literally just posted about this the other day, my lights would not turn on after install when I opened or unlocked the door. The problem is the LEDs draw so little power the car thinks there are no bulbs installed therefore sends no power to them. To fix this you either need to install the 2 stock footwell lights back but since that was the main place I wanted I said f that. Another option is to buy 2 higher powered LEDs for the footwell lights, these should be strong enough to draw enough power to all of them. Another option is to buy the resistor on khoaltys website and install it on one of the footwell lights, I think it's $4.50 and is by far the cheapest solution. Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts