BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, believe it or not......i've had some chorme 330 kidney grills in my garage that i can not get put on!!

:banghead:

i'm having a problem taking the original grills out. i know there are serveral clips i need to pry off. but i notice there's two different sets of clips.

so if someone can be so kind as to either post or email me directly a step by step DIY, i would greatly appreciate it!!! and by all means, if you can supply detailed pics........would make my xmas that much more merrier!!

:thumbup:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

THX IN ADVANCE!

4,239 Posts
Removing the original grilles is a procedure that looks a little strange.

I have done it successfully using a method given to me by a BMW tech... simply "punch" the grille in. The vertical slat portion will detach from the surround, allowing you to remove it from behind. After that, the chrome surround will pop out.

Hope this helps!

- Rob

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:
Removing the original grilles is a procedure that looks a little strange.

I have done it successfully using a method given to me by a BMW tech... simply "punch" the grille in. The vertical slat portion will detach from the surround, allowing you to remove it from behind. After that, the chrome surround will pop out.

Hope this helps!

- Rob
rob,

you mention "punching in" the grill in from the outside in, right? do i need to do i need to pry off any clips before tryin' to punch my girll in?!

thx in advance!

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
LOL guess what, today at the meet i saw a guy that had the e46 facelift, and it had m5 replica rims. I didn't remmber hwat color your car was so i was like , can you take off your grills now??? and hes like whaaa?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
p0tpie said:
LOL guess what, today at the meet i saw a guy that had the e46 facelift, and it had m5 replica rims. I didn't remmber hwat color your car was so i was like , can you take off your grills now??? and hes like whaaa?
what meet?! where at? damn, i missed out again......

so what color was his ride? look nice?!

and no i still can't take my damn grills out!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
lol events board!! i think his car was like steel grey or blue or something. I was ready to take them out for you too haha

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p0tpie said:
lol events board!! i think his car was like steel grey or blue or something. I was ready to take them out for you too haha

lmao......nah, it's all good!!! i was tryin' to look for it in the pix, but no luck!

yeah, i totally missed the events board........been so busy with work and xmas shopping!

but definately let me know the next meet, i'm down!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts