E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Air Bag Question

Great DIY!

I have one problem, though. Now the air bag light is on! I had disconnected the air bag when removing everything, but I have reconnected it and the wiring looks right. Is there something I could be overlooking?

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now I know I that disconnectingn the airbag causes the SRS computer to register a fault, and I need a reset tool to clear it!

The Peake SRS reset tool is more money than I would like to pay. Does anyone living near Thousand Oaks have one? I am willing to pay a reasonable amount to have this reset.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I powered the car back up to test the window, but hadn't reconnected the airbag. That has to be why the SRS sensed a problem.

The regulator was a fun project, though. On mine, the cable was all knotted up round the pulley at the motor, meaning the pulley had broken down. I bought a new regulator, and it went in without any problems.

Another consequence of disconnecting the battery was that I had to figure out how to reset the clock! What a pain that would have been without some help here. This forum is awsome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.