E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has developed an exhaust system rattle and the shop says my muffler bearings are shot and need to be replaced.

I really don't have the $385 to have this done, so is there a DIY for this?

Also... my ride has been on the "mushy" side lately... shop says it's most likely due to stale tire air and recommends a purge and refill.

Do I really need OEM air for this?

I understand it is purified, static-free, and has tire conditioners added... but I wonder if I will be able to notice the difference? If it impoves my MPG by a mile or two, probably worth the $59. Right?

:D :D :D

·
Registered
2003 330i/5
195 Posts
For that price I got stage 4 muffler bearings! They even threw some oil in the coolant to lube up the water pump for less friction!

The air in my tires is aged in charred oak barrels, to give it that aged, seasoned effect. It's pricey, but worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You can use most any air, just make sure you rotate the air every 3k-5k miles. I use seasonal air, for Spring,Summer,Fall, and Winter. It's engineered to cope with temp. changes from season to season.

·
Banned
400 Posts
For that price I got stage 4 muffler bearings! They even threw some oil in the coolant to lube up the water pump for less friction!

The air in my tires is aged in charred oak barrels, to give it that aged, seasoned effect. It's pricey, but worth it IMO.
:yikes: And I thought I got a good deal with my stage 2 bearings!

·
Registered
200 Posts
While you're in there replacing those worn out muffler bearings, which we all know are prone to early failure, have your guys look at the sky hook. That SOB always causes problems, and hurts your gas mileage as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.