BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where there's a DIY for the driver's door cyclinder lock cover?

Also, can someone please confirm if 51-21-7-002-277 is the correct part number for the cover on a 2001 330Ci?

TIA

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Steve said:
Anyone know where there's a DIY for the driver's door cyclinder lock cover?

Also, can someone please confirm if 51-21-7-002-277 is the correct part number for the cover on a 2001 330Ci?

TIA
I'm almost positive you will need the driver side passanger door lock cover from a same year sedan.

dave

·
Registered
690 Posts
if you have a bentley manual then it's in there. I don't have a scanner or else I would scan it for you. basically you have to move aside the rubber on the door and unscrew that shinny screw. Then you can pull out the entire door cylinder lock and take the cover off when you get it out. It's pretty easy and should take you no more than 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
BeamerDaddy2001 said:
if you have a bentley manual then it's in there. I don't have a scanner or else I would scan it for you. basically you have to move aside the rubber on the door and unscrew that shinny screw. Then you can pull out the entire door cylinder lock and take the cover off when you get it out. It's pretty easy and should take you no more than 5-10 minutes.
i have ordered the cover for mine and i will be swapping the parts out myself... when you refer to rubber and a shinny screw are you refering to the rubber seal that surrounds the lock peice? and where exactly is the shinny screw? i havent recieved the part yet but i want to make sure im carefull doing this...

TIA

·
Steelblue Zim Zimma
601 Posts
steve all you had to do was ask me I have had this done for over 1.5 yrs now, PM or AIM when u see me online it only takes about 5 min to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts