E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
IgotIssue,

Again, excellent write up.

Question for you though:

Is the fog light cover (plastic/glass) removable like our headlights? I am asking because my fog light is getting cloudy and I would like to change them. However, BMW only sells the foglight in a complete housing.

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
Ivegotissues666 said:
ADA I am pretty sure the foglight is one peice I didn't go that much into depth to realize if the cover/lense was removable or not but I am 99% sure that it is not. I think it is sealed by plastic or possibly glue which might make it removable if you baked it or used a heat gun, and personally I wouldn't bother.

You shoud try using a silicon adhesive to reseal it up if you can find the leak. I assuming it is most likely at the plug portion or are there cracks in the foglights?

If you still need them after I do my M3 bumper retrofit you can have mine they are brand new considering I just put them in. They are "Depo" but hey they'd be free for you. Anyways I will keep you in mind and let you know when I finish with my M3 Bumper retrofit probaby about 1 - 2 Months.

Jared

awwwww.....much thanks! Don't worry, I don't mind paying you money for the DEPO fogs anyway.

Man, your DIY, inputs, and service you provide to this community reminds me of e46fanatics in its early days. Nowadays people seems to focus more on the SHOWROOM and OFF TOPIC forum. If anyone post a question on the GENERAL or DIY section it either gets ignored or replied with "BRING IT TO THE DEALER."

Your actions represent that of a true fanatic.

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
UPDATE:

I just want to let everyone know that Igotissue66 sent me his virtually brand new foglights for free. His actions reminds of how e46fanatics used to be when members were always helping each members. nowadays it seems like everyone is more concerns with the OFF TOPIC page.

Thanks again!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.