BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2042 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
My project is still alive, but thx to corona, i have to wait for some upgrade parts for my soldering machine.

New and i guess last prototype pcb are already here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No, but as long as you have a HDMI to LVDS or other signals translator, you can use any display...

But it looks interesting.

At the moment i use another 6.5" display with a touchpanel on top.

Maybe they also offer a transreflective display.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My project is still alive, but thx to corona, i have to wait for some upgrade parts for my soldering machine.

New and i guess last prototype pcb are already here.
Happy days! :thumbsup:

Im still waiting to hear back from 'PeteAU' to see if he will knock me up a board, fingers and toes crossed! :D
Cheers, James

·
Registered
67 Posts
Happy days! :thumbsup:

Im still waiting to hear back from 'PeteAU' to see if he will knock me up a board, fingers and toes crossed! :D
Cheers, James
You and me both James, I got the TV card but I'm not sure if Pete has the motivation to build any more PiBus.

Looks like Vitalic is producing an extended version...

·
Registered
32 Posts
You and me both James, I got the TV card but I'm not sure if Pete has the motivation to build any more PiBus.

Looks like Vitalic is producing an extended version...
Nice to know im not the only one, maybe if theres a few of us want and dont mind waiting he mite do them for us!

Where did you source your TV card from?
Cheers, James

·
Registered
142 Posts
got mine pcbs for atmega 2560 too.
today is solder day :bump:
No, but as long as you have a HDMI to LVDS or other signals translator, you can use any display...

But it looks interesting.

At the moment i use another 6.5" display with a touchpanel on top.

Maybe they also offer a transreflective display.
I think I know the one you have (there are a bunch on eBay). You can get a converter from 60 to 50 pin, which should let you plug is in. There's also the LQ065Y9LA01 which is a LVDS panel, but it isn't cheap... You can use http://www.panelook.com/appmodlist.php?st=&pl=&so_attr=&applications[]=11&inch=650 panelook to find a more suitable one as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
btw I already made a copy of Petes board for first experiments.

So a copy of the PCB exists (an older version of V4 board as i didn't had a more actual version).

But as long as Pete doesn't allow a copy, i will not order PCB and solder them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice to know im not the only one, maybe if theres a few of us want and dont mind waiting he mite do them for us!

Where did you source your TV card from?
Cheers, James
I sourced my TV card from Pete a few years ago now.

I'm actually wanting to support Vitalic in making his board *by buying one* as I think a lot of things have progressed since then.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
hi, are you able to ship these to the us? Is there any particular version of the video module needed?
Yeah you need the video module, & the harness for the video module.
Pi bus is pretty much a defunct product at this point, as the thing now is streaming to the display. Throw a miracast or at3 on it using the aux inputs and roll.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been using harryberlin's BMW Kodi with Board Monitor now for couple of months on my E83 and E46. Totally impressive and a happy camper here.

2001 - 2020 of 2042 Posts