E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
OK so I made some progress, here's a teaser video :

Very cool for an interface that was made in 1970 according to the date :p

Sweet features. Seems a bit slow though and what happens when you turn the car on (say after getting petrol) do you need to go through all the menus to get your music playing again?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Jeeze, you're a tough taskmaster, I only just got the basics going. It was slow because there was a stuck program running in the background on the Raspberry Pi, I've solved that now. It's about 3-4 times quicker when clicking things.

The hardware has power even if you lock the car, just gotta add some software that gracefully shuts down after ~5 mins of inactivity.

Sure I'll make you one. It took me 6 months, so the invoice will be $50,000 or so (though there's $10 worth of parts on the board :). If you're handy with a soldering iron and have lots of patience I can give you the plans.
That's good that you managed to get it going quicker. Seems like a cool solution for music videos etc. I still think Intravee II is the best for music though.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts