E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
was everything included in the kit from BavAuto?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The full effect of sweet handling is best deminstrated on nice banked curves that you acclerate on - before the faster you went the sketchyer it got, not anymore, the car just plain sticks, I don't sweat going 90 on the airport ramps. Rubbing fenders has not been an issue at all even on the bumpiest roads, however the middle of my car will somtimes rub going down some drive ways (the section 1 ft behind the front wheels) and if I drive downtown Miami to quick the middle of the car will rub. [ the front bumper has never rubbed ] Going over railroad tracks is much more of a task as I slow down and go at an angle, if I go over them quickly it doesn't feel very good, but I've felt much worse. I am much more confident with the car now with the suspension and m3 sway bar, I can take a 90 degree turn at a light and barely have to slow down. So the setup is a bit stiffer and harsher then stock but far better in the twistes and envokes much more pleasure even just switching lanes on the highway. Plus you can't beat being able to adjust your drop!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sweet write up man! I am in the process of finding a nice suspension setup to purchase and will put this on my list to consider. You mention that the sway bar links were included in the kit from Bavauto, but I do not see them listed in the description on their website. Can you confirm that they were included? Thanks.

·
The De46vil's Army
52,770 Posts
a few extra steps in there you could avoid and save time, but nice writeup.

just noticed there's no mention of the XENON leveler arm, make sure if you have xenon to unbolt it before you remove the front shock to avoid breaking it. (front right only)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.