E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend that people be more careful and not break the connector in the first place so that they don't have to do this at all, because breaking these is not a commonly reported occurrence. Specialized connectors like that have to be disconnected very carefully and you must know how it unplugs before you begin. Furthermore the connector itself should have a part number, altering the resistance should not be a problem if the replacement is done properly. The wire pins usually will come out of the connector and snap into the new one. All you would be doing is replacing the plastic connector. They make pin puller kits specifically for this type of work.

I look at the long parts and tools list and the time spent and I say people, don't do whatever OP did in the first place, and if you do just replace the connector. Doesn't have to be an ordeal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.