E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i wrote a small article on how you can create a CD or AUX adapter cable for the business unit. Users with radios manufactured after sept 2002 can use the AUX option.

Users with versions prior to that date must use the CD adapter cable, but should also have a CD changer in the trunk.

Here is the attachment in PDF form.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just noticed theres already an AUX cable article, but this one will also work for radios that dont have the AUX option prior to sept 2002.

·
Registered
0 Posts
CRAP! i was sooooo excited to see someone used their head and figured this out so i didnt have to until i realized you need cd's in the changer to get the radio to recognize the changer option. My changer is broken! Guess i will have to pay the man and buy an aux interface.

Thanks for the diy its the best one ive seen on this topic.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just did mine today... too simple. Great tip, thanks!!

BTW, instead of an IDE connector, I cut two wires running from the power switch on an old computer. Two little prongs on one end (like jumpers on a HDD). The wires were nice and large to work with and the connectors fit absolutely PERFECT into the 10 pin connector.

Also went the extra mile and ran the wire thru the A pillar and into the sunvisor, where my ipod now resides out of sight.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guys i wrote a small article on how you can create a CD or AUX adapter cable for the business unit. Users with radios manufactured after sept 2002 can use the AUX option.

Users with versions prior to that date must use the CD adapter cable, but should also have a CD changer in the trunk.

Here is the attachment in PDF form.
Can you tell me what the resistors do? I found the capacitors but i'm having a little difficult time with the resistors of that value. are they necessary?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great DIY. I made it during the summer holidays. But for me the audio quality is not so good, I cannot here very well the low frequency during the playing.
For me the capacitor size bass frequencies (like it usually does with the separete speakers).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.