BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

961 - 970 of 970 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I installed the 17117561757 fan in my 330i automatic, the car sounds so much smoother and quieter at idle, love it.

My question, when you remove the AUX pusher fan, the radiator is quite naked and exposed to stone strikes. Does the manual car have something there, like a grill or mesh?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you use the 17117561757 fan !?

I removed the Mechanical Fan on my M3 and left the Aux Fan in place. I bought a PWM Controller, Inline radiator hose adapter for a temp sensor and a electric fan mounted to the stock radiator shroud.

My Daily is M3 06 ,Love your set up .Just need too know if you used the 17117561757 and reason i ask is that they are only applicable for e46 None M3 ! If not then what part number did you use !? Thx Mark

·
Registered
546 Posts
My Daily is M3 06 ,Love your set up .Just need too know if you used the 17117561757 and reason i ask is that they are only applicable for e46 None M3 ! If not then what part number did you use !? Thx Mark

I’m running the Spal 2082 with the N15 fan mounts.

The 17117561757 fan was actually fitted to a M3 and works great by another member.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very Helpful !

I was not sure not to many M3 s on Here !

BTW Ebay has a Bunch of these starting at 85 and get this they do not know as i have asked if they can retro to an E46 M3 !

There losing a lot of Sales ! LOL

Thank you on update & Inspiration of Your M3 !:clap:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I made the swap a few days ago and the results were very good. Before making the swap the temperatures were around 93c-98c but after the swap the temperatures now remain between 93c-96c at max, sometimes falls to 88c depending on the speed and route. I did these tests using the same route with varied slopes for at least 20 minutes. I find that it is an improvement and the engine effort is less.
Im living in Puerto Rico weather here is always around 80-90-F during the day with humidity at 100%

·
Registered
194 Posts
Debating going back to OE. Have had this setup for a year. 330xi. The coolant temp has never more than before. Hasn’t overheated. But, the whole of the engine bay just bakes. I don’t know absolute values but every bit of plastic and rubber must surely be cooking without the constant airflow from the mechanical fan. It even has that hot plasticky smell. Don’t know...

Change my mind.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I installed the 17117561757 fan in my 330i automatic, the car sounds so much smoother and quieter at idle, love it.

My question, when you remove the AUX pusher fan, the radiator is quite naked and exposed to stone strikes. Does the manual car have something there, like a grill or mesh?
No, it's open. I wouldn't be too worried about that considering the fact that you are allowing the radiator to cool more easily

·
Registered
15 Posts
About 5 months since the fan swap no issues!
Other thing that helps is getting rid of the whaler thermostat and use a mahle behr,it works cooler than the whaler.

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
972 Posts
Debating if i should do this swap, but since i have M56 SULEV model and my radiator in particular has sensor on it, not sure if the module would be in the way of the electric fan.

I took this pic when i did my manual swap.

961 - 970 of 970 Posts