BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I' m a happy guy...

Just traded in my '92 prelude SR for a 2000 323CI...only 40,000 kms (about 24K miles ?) with the following options...

OEM SPECS:
Sahara Beige (sweet colour) on Black Montana Leather
5 SPD
Sport Package
Premium Package
OEM Sound w/Navi & 6 Pack CD
Parktronic
SF rear seats

AFTERMARKET:
NOTHING YET..except for new 17/225/45ZR Kumha ECSTA SUPRA's

I was on EBAY today and saw the ram air CAI made by Divisionone (www.divisionone.com)....anyone have any ideas or experience with these. The first thing I want to do is a CAI and these seem well built and with an interesting heat shield surrounding the filters (K&N knock-off filter). The price - $109USD!!

thanks...i found my new home!! i love this forum!!

--------------------------------------------------
1986 Mustang GT COBRA (gonzo)
1992 Prelude SR (gonzo)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE (wife)
2000 BMW 323 CI (my new lady)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
nope! dont do it.

Ebay intakes are junk.

Check out our sponsors.

Benfer intakes would be alot better.

and post pics of your new ride!

·
SBBMotorwerks
534 Posts
Agreed, ebay intakes are junk!

Support BenFer...his intakes are an awesome low-cost alternative, without sacrificing quality or performance

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
www.divisionone.com does NOT exist.

Try this if you want to see it. It doesn't look much different than a Benfer other than the filter end. CAI's don't fit very well in the newer style bumper of the 325i's. You would have to cut the brake duct to get anything worth calling clear air flow.
I'm searching for a decent short ram style like the overly priced ECIS.

TT

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
do u have any pics of it? i'm not gonna say to do it or not b/c i don't know what the intake looks like, but i remember that benfer intakes started out on ebay as well. we all looked at them as some dinan knock off for $100 and finally someone on the forum stepped up to the plate. they like the intake and recommended it on this board and the rest is history. now the intake is more than twice as much because it's got some recognition and is a one piece. just because something *starts* out on ebay, doesn't mean it's not good. BFP is a perfect example.

·
Crazy Boy
1,345 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
do u have any pics of it? i'm not gonna say to do it or not b/c i don't know what the intake looks like, but i remember that benfer intakes started out on ebay as well. we all looked at them as some dinan knock off for $100 and finally someone on the forum stepped up to the plate. they like the intake and recommended it on this board and the rest is history. now the intake is more than twice as much because it's got some recognition and is a one piece. just because something *starts* out on ebay, doesn't mean it's not good. BFP is a perfect example.

yeah i started laughing when i saw the nooo ebay intakes suck get benfer.....:eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey welcome! I also got a 323i, got it last year around this time, it only had 24,000 km on it. That's like 15,000 miles! Came with a nice 2nd set of snow tires on wheels too and the BMW roof rack for bike. It was cool because I bought it from an exec at work who got transferred to France. He sold it in hurry, signed the papers while the taxi was waiting to take him to the airport. He got refunded by the company up to the blue book value. So in effect my car got subsidized by the company. :D

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
hmm, i'm not too sure about this intake. quality looks pretty good however i'm not feeling the short ram intakes and that heat shield looks like it would restrict the amount of airflow to the filter. but i'm no intake genius, sorry bro

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hijack

Is $250 too much to pay for a used Dinan CAI with less than 500 miles on it? I got one lined up for that price..

Thanks,
Mario

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Re: Hijack

Mario325i said:
Is $250 too much to pay for a used Dinan CAI with less than 500 miles on it? I got one lined up for that price..

Thanks,
Mario
if you search, you can find one new for about $270. If you can get that one $250 total, then i say go for it

·
'a certain moderator'
35,565 Posts

Above is the intake they sell for the Kia Rio.

Below is the intake they sell for BMW E46.

I rest my case.

do yourself a favor and get the Benfer, if your are looking for an inexpencive upgrade, that does't sacrifice quality.
www.benferperformance.com/

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
BFP said:
wow, Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'm printing this thread out and framing it!

-Dan
:bow: Yes we all love BenFer :D :thumbup:
I can't wait for the Strut Brace. What is the ETA on that BTW?

·
Banned
682 Posts
Nico3k said:

:bow: Yes we all love BenFer :D :thumbup:
I can't wait for the Strut Brace. What is the ETA on that BTW?
Thx Nico :D

ETA on the 5 prototypes is 2 weeks. ETA to market is middle/end of December (ok, maybe January. Save your X-mas/Hanukkah $$$). Pics (hopefully) this week.

-Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts