E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i personally think the oem sunshade is kinda gody, and i don't want my car keyed, so i'm looking for a disney's car sunshade but i can't figure out the size for our sunshade.

Does anyone know the size or where i can buy the sunshade? it's starting to get warm and i want one!

something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Eyes-Double-Sided-Car-Sunshade/dp/B004RI4IG8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_1

*edit*

i guess as long as it's big enough i can always trim it down

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
Um, no, sorry...not approved!

First, you don't want your car keyed and think that will do it? Don't think so. With Princesses you have a chance...they'll be thinking this car belongs to a teenaged girl who they maybe have a chance scoring with. Though, if this would be keyer sees you with the car, then the next day you're in trouble.

I'm shocked keying is a significant problem in your area...or any area.

Anyway, don't call more attention to the car than you need to. Just get a battery operated camera looking thing that you hook up to the alarm cover...something that spins around and flashes periodically. Maybe make a decal that says, "warning, this car is under surveillance"

Or, better yet...get some crappy latex paint and smatter it around on roundels, wheels, and stuff to make everything look crappy...and the 'keyer' will think you're one of him and leave you alone. Urban camouflage. My friend had to do that to protect his 2002tii when he lived in NYC.

·
Registered
29,664 Posts

First, you don't want your car keyed and think that will do it? Don't think so. With Princesses you have a chance...they'll be thinking this car belongs to a teenaged girl who they maybe have a chance scoring with. Though, if this would be keyer sees you with the car, then the next day you're in trouble.

Anyway, don't call more attention to the car than you need to. Just get a battery operated camera looking thing that you hook up to the alarm cover...something that spins around and flashes periodically. Maybe make a decal that says, "warning, this car is under surveillance"

Or, better yet...get some crappy latex paint and smatter it around on roundels, wheels, and stuff to make everything look crappy...and the 'keyer' will think you're one of him and leave you alone. Urban camouflage. My friend had to do that to protect his 2002tii when he lived in NYC.

:lmao:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Is your post in regards to people keying my car or not approving of my choice in sunshades? Lol

It doesn't seem like it is of the latter, which then seems OT.

Sorry Doug, but this thread is about needing help finding a cars sunshade that fits the e46, nothing else. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in the first post.

...again, apparently General has turned into OT.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Bimmer App

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
You did say you didn't want the car to get keyed...and I think a Disney type sunshade would increase the odds of that. Now that you mention it, though, do you really need any sunshade? Anyway, you can get perfectly neutral types of sunshade at a Walmart or any local auto store.

Or, you could paint your car Fern Green Metallic. I've been scratched, but never keyed! Also, Formula 303 is good if you want to forgo a sunshade. After all, a sunshade does also sort of say, "I'm working all day and no one will be coming out to the car anytime soon."

·
Registered
29,664 Posts
I'm not sure what Soldier means by "General has turned to OT."

This thread is off topic to begin with.

It's somewhat passable, so I didn't say anything.

I've been doing my best to raise attention to this issue by reporting to mods or commenting in threads or having people post threads on cornbread recipes to raise awareness.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You did say you didn't want the car to get keyed...and I think a Disney type sunshade would increase the odds of that. Now that you mention it, though, do you really need any sunshade? Anyway, you can get perfectly neutral types of sunshade at a Walmart or any local auto store.

Or, you could paint your car Fern Green Metallic. I've been scratched, but never keyed! Also, Formula 303 is good if you want to forgo a sunshade. After all, a sunshade does also sort of say, "I'm working all day and no one will be coming out to the car anytime soon."
Yes, I do want the cars sunshade. why you ask? I don't know, its "fun" I guess, I just want one. Do i need more of a reason? I don't want a normal neutral one.

I don't feel like a cars one would be more prone to getting keyed.

Being keyed isn't a big issue where I live, i've never been keyed. But I feel like the BMW one is really gody and makes me look like a douche bag.

·
Registered
29,664 Posts
DMAX is just trying to help. He has decades of experience and lots of jokes to help smooth things along. It's weird but it's what he knows!

Some say his skin tans green. Some call him the beagle whisperer. Some even say he's part Irish. All I know is he's called THE DMAX!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure what Soldier means by "General has turned to OT."

This thread is off topic to begin with.

It's somewhat passable, so I didn't say anything.

I've been doing my best to raise attention to this issue by reporting to mods or commenting in threads or having people post threads on cornbread recipes to raise awareness.
I see what you are getting at, but i'm looking for e46 fitment. Maybe I should of stated that a bit more clear. I've already looked into them, but curious to the correct size and where to buy. I guess the title is a bit misleading.

This thread has just turned into a cluster fuck of fuck.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DMAX is just trying to help. He has decades of experience and lots of jokes to help smooth things along. It's weird but it's what he knows!

Some say his skin tans green. Some call him the beagle whisperer. Some even say he's part Irish. All I know is he's called THE DMAX!
Lol.

I understand that dmax is just trying to help, but that initial post is him just trolling imo. That's what got me annoyed.

I think a Disney one would make you look like something else...not a douche, and the word isn't quite coming to me!

So, you want a sunshade that doesn't say BMW in big letters, is that it? Again, Walmart, or more serious googling.

I'll give it a quick try and see what I can find.

D

http://www.amazon.com/Sunshade-Automobile-HEATSHIELD-Windshield-Custom-fit/dp/B0035RJXE4
Thanks doug, but again, i'm looking for a cars one not a normal one.

I appreciate the help. I feel like you were trolling on the first post which got me annoyed.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
Yea, I really wasn't trolling. I took the sunshade need as subordinate to the keying one.

And the link I gave is to a custom fit shade...might not be OE, but it's custom cut for $33 or so. Not sure what you otherwise mean by 'cars' shade....

Wasn't trolling...was also serious about the camouflage...again, to help ward off would be keyers...which you did make seem like an issue where your car was parked. Are you in a highly Latvian neighborhood, because around me, they're really well known for keying. Hate those people!

(There, that's trolling!)

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,966 Posts
^Wow that's a cool offer.

I'll go get the measurements of my BMW sunshade later for you. Yes all that other nonsense in previous posts is of no help. I can understand your frustration.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.