E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2001 330xi 208k
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

I wanted to take a peek at the ICV before taking it out. Managed to get the camera down there. It doesn’t look as bad as some I’ve seen on YouTube. I’ll still take it out and clean it.

· Premium Member
Е46 sedan M52B20TU 1999
231 Posts
I don’t remember what topic I read this in, but it really should be lubricated after cleaning, as they wrote above, and then wipe off the remaining oil ... here is an image of how it works and where the lubricant will penetrate ... I spilled a little oil inside and a couple of minutes let it stand upright and then vice versa. began to rotate softer ... it works fine.
Automotive tire Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bumper Font Wood

· Registered
2001 330xi 208k
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, too late to lube it now. :D

While it wasn’t filthy when I shook it the valve wasn’t perfectly free. After cleaning I got the happy flopping.

Test drive showed that I’m not getting the violent occasional idle although a larger sample size of drives will be required.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Blue Camera lens Revolver Gas Electric blue
Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Hopefully after the new O2 sensor goes in I’ll have sorted out the running issues and all the codes will clear. If not then I’ll consider the CCV delete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts