E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would not go with a complete Dinan package. I had a 98' M3 with the S3 package, badge number e36/16. I had to pay an extra 2.5k for the warranty... which was a good thing because only the Dinan parts broke. The service after the sale from Dinan is what I would expect from someone like KIA. Didn't want to hear of any problems... Dinan parts are engineered like no other... Ha! Now don't get me wrong the car was fast and fun to drive, but for the money go with ESS or RMS. "Factory Certified" means snot when it comes to resale anyway... only the dealer makes more off of the resale... not you. Been there done that. I ended up replacing just about all of the Dinan equipment with RMS and TMS stuff in the end...$$$$$.$$ not to mention overdriving the compressor to 10.5 psi after (I got the piece of crap PowerDyne compressor off) and RMS intercooler. Dinan also seems to have a bad habit of over stating there performance numbers. I'll get off my Dinan soapbox now.

·
917 Posts
But yet you get the Dinan Software w/ no measurable gains.... But i agree with you.. there are better ways to improve E46 M3s

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah... I know everyone would notice it. I gave them another shot and yet again I will be spending more money in order to replace Dinan parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dinan just jacks up the prices because they know that people will buy their stuff to not void the warranty and they are the only choice. Another post said that the new M3 exhaust will be $1500 and only like 10hp gain. it's simply not worth it. If I ever get an M3 I will only get a dinan chip and then leave it alone. It's already fast as hell and if you put too much power into an 8000rpm engine you will blow it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts