BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dinan quoted me throttle body for 500...i alreayd have an intake...
do i need the software from dinan too? I guess my main concern is, will there be a fault code on the bimmer if i just put in the dinan throttle body w/o software?thx much guys
-ALex

·
Registered
906 Posts
You will need the stage III software to take advantage of the High Flow Throttle Body. I don't think it will code on you without the update but if you buy the TB they should update your software at that time.

Do you have any Dinan software now?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You could always check out Technik too... They have a TB, but that also requires ECU reprogramming as well from what I know...

It might be cheaper though...

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
What kind of performance gains are you expecting out of the throttle body?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear Lexie330ci,

I have the Dinan throttle body installed in my Super charged 330Ci. NO, there will be NO fault code on the bimmer if you just put in the dinan throttle body w/o the software. I had no fault at all in my car.

I suggest to get the latest software from dinan after you complete thier full kit ( just to avoid reprogramming your ECU every each and a while).

Take it bit by bit and you will enjoy modifying your bimmer.

Best Regards,

Rakony:thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was told that that you just pay an extra $100 to upgrade the software from Stage II to III when adding the TB.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My Dinan rep told me the same thing. When you move to the next level of software, you just pay the difference. IE Stage 1 is 399 and Stage 2 is 499. Once you have Stage 1, it just costs $100 to move to Stage 2.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Rakony said:
Dear Lexie330ci,

I have the Dinan throttle body installed in my Super charged 330Ci. NO, there will be NO fault code on the bimmer if you just put in the dinan throttle body w/o the software. I had no fault at all in my car.

I suggest to get the latest software from dinan after you complete thier full kit ( just to avoid reprogramming your ECU every each and a while).

Take it bit by bit and you will enjoy modifying your bimmer.

Best Regards,

Rakony:thumbup:
Supercharged? Then you had to change the airbox out, right?
I guess you can use the TB w/o the Dinan intake.
BMW Northwest was giving me sh!t about having a GruppeM and having compatibility issues with stage 3 and tb.

·
Registered
306 Posts
software upgrade is free if you've paid for the stage 1

you wont feel much difference at the low rpm after you get the TB, but if you plan to get s/c, it'll be another story...

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
They upgraded my ECU from Stage 1 to Stage 2 for free because I had already paid for Stage 1...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts