BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Heres another alternative

I read most of my magazines front to back pretty throughly and I found a small add in the Roundel and European Car magazines for a guy in CA who bores out your exsisting TB for $200 including the shipping. He says the total turn around time is 3 days. 1 to him, 1 for work, 1 back to you.

I dont have any magazines here at the house, so I dont have a the number, but its in a few different mags.

From what I was told this guy does work for Dinan as well as BMP. He disassembles the TB totally bores it to its maximum, replaces the butterfly with a properly sized new one, and adjusts several other parts.

The only downside is no car for 3 days, but I can deal with it.

Once my end of year bonus hits, its gonna happen, I'll let ya know how it works out.

John V

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
I'd say the throttle body alone you might not experience much of a difference, but it will make some difference and mixed with other mods that give 'some' difference it pushes the car a little more.

·
Registered
855 Posts
is it worth getting the TB n stage 3 n intake???for the amount of money?? Im debating on used dinan CF for 3 bills or new grruppem for 5 bills??
Is the GrupeM worth 200 more??

·
'a certain moderator'
38,194 Posts
john, it might be cheaper than the DINAN, but with that u get the upgrade to stage 3 software for free. no software comes with the bored out TB, and to upgrade to DINAN stage three otherwise would be expencive, no?

-brendan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts