BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 700 bucks and am exploring different options for my car. Ultimately I want wheels but I dunno if I will be able to make the other 1800 that I need for BBS CH's. So, how much does Dinan step tranny software cost? I looked on their website and the pricelist was down. Also, is it a worthwhile upgrade? If not, would a Dinan intake be better? And how much does that cost? Thanks:thumbup:

BTW, I want to go Dinan so that I don't void my warrranty...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dinan Prices

$349 for the tranny software
$399 for stage 1
$399 for stage 2
$499 for stage 3

$399 for CAI (requires stage 2 software)
$499 for TB (requires stage 3 software)

The tranny update is definately worth the money, as many here agree :thumbup: (do a quick search for more info)

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
hey buy one wheel at a time like me

·
blackonblack
270 Posts
my dealer told me that you need stg 1 before you can get the tranny software....

I am not sure if this is true or not...but just a heads up.

sig.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
No need stage 1 to get Dinan Tranny S/W. :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The transmission software is not worth the money imho. On the site, it even says it only knocks off 0.01 s (that is NOTHING). What the heck is the use of faster shifts if total acceleration time is still the same (& 0.01 s is no difference).

·
blackonblack
270 Posts
will dinan upgrade my software to stg II for free if I get a non-dinan intake? Or does it depend on my dealer?

sig.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dinan Tranny Problems

Get the 100,000 mile warranty and change fluid often...I put Dinan's tranny software on my 330i 2001 at about 35k, 55k and my tranny is toast!:bawling: Dinan nor BMW will give any help with the $4,000+ replacement cost.:mad: BMW says it was the software, Dinan says it was the tranny. I got an M3 with a 6 speed.:thumbup:

·
Go Gators!
420 Posts
Re: Dinan Tranny Problems

SDDinan3 said:
Get the 100,000 mile warranty and change fluid often...I put Dinan's tranny software on my 330i 2001 at about 35k, 55k and my tranny is toast!:bawling: Dinan nor BMW will give any help with the $4,000+ replacement cost.:mad: BMW says it was the software, Dinan says it was the tranny. I got an M3 with a 6 speed.:thumbup:
Dang that's some serious trash.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Get a lawyer seriously

Both are violating their warranty. Even if you put software on, it has nothing to do with the physical limitations of the transmission. In fact Dinan's software may only be doing what is already in the OEM software as a default for daily driving. In fact the Z4 implements basically Dinan's software.

Get a lawyer and make either party pay for lost wages, lawyer, and court cost/fees.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
I have 700 bucks and am exploring different options for my car. Ultimately I want wheels but I dunno if I will be able to make the other 1800 that I need for BBS CH's. So, how much does Dinan step tranny software cost? I looked on their website and the pricelist was down. Also, is it a worthwhile upgrade? If not, would a Dinan intake be better? And how much does that cost? Thanks:thumbup:

BTW, I want to go Dinan so that I don't void my warrranty...
The Dinan cold air intake would be better ($400), but the GruppeM intake would be best ($500 GB, not sure if there is one right now).

Edit: I see I already posted above, so I will remove the first part of this post.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts