BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I need stage one software before I do stage two software. I have the cai from dinan. Also does the stage two software come with everything the stage one does? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm no expert, but am getting Stage 2 in a couple of weeks, along with intake and exhaust. As the Dinan website appears to state, Stage 1 is for if you don't have intake / exhaust mods. Stage 2 is calibrated to take into account intake and exhaust. Just two versions of the same thing as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the software will make that big of a difference? I have read on other post that people really haven't felt that big of a performance increase, and have advised to spend the money on something else.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You do not need stage 1 before stage 2. The reason it is called stage 2 is because it is a more aggressive tune then stage 1, that is all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ran Conforti/Shark in my 2003 M3 and on the street, zero difference. On the track, big difference (as measured by track guys). For the last 3 years I've been going between software and no software in a variety of Porsches. Same thing. Basically, if a street car, you really won't notice it even if you get 5% increase. I'm not planning to ever track this sedan, but I'm getting the intake and exhaust for response, sound, and overall "improvement" in performance. With intake and exhaust, you really want the software to help manage the improved air flow and lower exhaust restriction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts