BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dinan CAI and a Borla Cat Back and I want to know if its worth upgrading the stock software in my 330ci to the Dinan Stage II software that is "highly recommended by dinan" will it make a difference?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have the Dinan CAI and a Borla Cat Back and I want to know if its worth upgrading the stock software in my 330ci to the Dinan Stage II software that is "highly recommended by dinan" will it make a difference?
YES!!!

Not even a question. A chip, computer tune will always be more powerful if you have more mods because it can take advantage of the benefits of each one. And it multiples your final product.

Regardless your question is is it worth it with only those two mods. Well do you plan on doing some other stuff relatively soon? More exhasut work, hi flow cats or headers? If the answer is yes i intend to do more work id say you should hold off.

But the Dinan software is worth it in its own by itself with no other mods. Question, do you have dinan stage I software already, wastn' clear to me?

But dinan software/tranny software if your auto, will make the car more responsive. Youll feel the difference.

One think i really must warn you though is with all this stuff it makes it very easy to outdrive the brakes. And even if you can handle it its not so much fun. Id say hold off on the software and grab the gran trismo brembo/dinan brakes

·
Registered
999 Posts
YES!!!

Not even a question. A chip, computer tune will always be more powerful if you have more mods because it can take advantage of the benefits of each one. And it multiples your final product.

Regardless your question is is it worth it with only those two mods. Well do you plan on doing some other stuff relatively soon? More exhasut work, hi flow cats or headers? If the answer is yes i intend to do more work id say you should hold off.

But the Dinan software is worth it in its own by itself with no other mods. Question, do you have dinan stage I software already, wastn' clear to me?

But dinan software/tranny software if your auto, will make the car more responsive. Youll feel the difference.

One think i really must warn you though is with all this stuff it makes it very easy to outdrive the brakes. And even if you can handle it its not so much fun. Id say hold off on the software and grab the gran trismo brembo/dinan brakes
are you speaking from personal experience with dinan products in your own car?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
are you speaking from personal experience with dinan products in your own car?
Yes I am, or was because i dont have my e36 with the dinan stuff anymore. But my fred to date still has his 323i Dinan 3, which is wehere the brake comment comes from. What part didn't sound on par?

Oh also if you have auto with step. D becomes like sport mode and sport mode is the dinan special, unleashed. It even will let you money shift and auto. How cool is that. It doesn't shift till you tell it to, very SMG like.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I dont think I will do any more performance mods to my car. Maybe a Strut Bar in the front and rear, but other than that nothing. I will just be running the Dinan CAI and the Borla Cat Back. So you would say go for it? Also I like the sound of D becoming sport mode, and S becoming the Dinan special. Can you explain a little more on this? Thanks, you have been a really big help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts