BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 330i with the preformance pakcage, and i was wondering would doing the software upgrade make alot of difference to the car?

·
Just Marinatin'
2,875 Posts
nah

You would probably just barely notice it. If you team it up with the CAI though that is a different story.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Dinan software is pointless unless you have an exhaust and intake on your car. The software is designed to change the fuel to air ratio and some other crap. That ratio is disrupted by the intake and exhaust and basicly the chip pulls it all togeather. I don't think it would help you gain performance at all if you just got the chip. They might have a different software for what you want, but I don't know. I remember watching them while they downloaded my software, there was a section on the preprograming that asked what my mods were, you check what you have ex:intake, differential, throttle body. Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The biggest thing you will notice is the throttle response, almost no lag. It was very noticable for me and others at the dealer.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
330Bimmer3 said:
The Dinan software is pointless unless you have an exhaust and intake on your car. The software is designed to change the fuel to air ratio and some other crap. That ratio is disrupted by the intake and exhaust and basicly the chip pulls it all togeather. I don't think it would help you gain performance at all if you just got the chip. They might have a different software for what you want, but I don't know. I remember watching them while they downloaded my software, there was a section on the preprograming that asked what my mods were, you check what you have ex:intake, differential, throttle body. Good luck.
:werd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts