BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I don't know which software is better for me. I have a dinan cai, and I dont know whether to get the dinan stage one software or the stage two software. Are the gains that significant with each software package? If I do get the stage two software, does it come with everything the stage one software comes with? Also is there anywhere around the bay area that can install the software for a little less? Thanks you guys are the best.

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you have the Dinan CAI then you are suppossed to purchace Dinan Stage II software. If you have the Dinan CAI and Dinan Throttle Body then you need to step up to Dinan Stage III software. I have Stage III with Dinan Trans software....it's alright. If you are looking for bigger gains....need to think about a supercharger kit.
Hello. I don't know which software is better for me. I have a dinan cai, and I dont know whether to get the dinan stage one software or the stage two software. Are the gains that significant with each software package? If I do get the stage two software, does it come with everything the stage one software comes with? Also is there anywhere around the bay area that can install the software for a little less? Thanks you guys are the best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
purchasing a supercharger is an easy way for power but i think he was referring to what kind of gains did bimmians see power wise..

Has anyone ran their car on a 1/4 mile run with this..?

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
go active, f dinan, over rated, points? what is it a diet plan?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dinan makes good stuff. If warranty concerns abound then it's the only way to go IMO. Price is relative to what you make. If I was out of warranty when I did all mine, then I can't say for sure that I'd go Dinan because there are other well respected manufactures that also make good stuff . (and yes for less money) One thing is for sure; Dinan is top shelf. At least you know what you are getting.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the Dinan CAI (original made from aluminum with filter behind the fog lamp) and throttle body with stage III engine software. I don't know that it made a huge difference on the butt-dyno, but it definitly made the throtle more responsive and "feel" quicker. There was one time that I was at a light next to another 330i that looked just like mine and we both took off and floored it at the same time. By the time we reached ~80mph I had pulled ahead by about a car length (his front bumper even with my rear bumper) so I guess mine is faster than stock... :thanks:

The main reason that I went with Dinan was that my car only had about 16k miles when I had it installed and I didn't want to void my warranty. Honestly, I would go with something else if you are out of warranty. You already have the CAI, so get a Shark injector for $299 and save your dollars for suspension work or a S.C.

Edit: I just noticed that you are in Kalifornia too, so make sure when you go for smog you have a CARB sticker for whatever changes you make (Dinan is CARB compliant) or put it back to stock for a day. ;)

Luky

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I have Dinan Stage II programming and tons of Dinan items on my car. Personally, I like their stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts