BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for anyone that knows about the Dinan software. I am probably going to purchase at the least the Dinan CAI and stg 2 software. I' m also seriously considering adding a Nitrous setup just for a few extra horses every and now then, and for looks at shows. My question is what exactly does the Dinan software do as far as programming. I read it adds fuel for the added incoming air. Which would not be a problem, when using nitrous also. My concern is that if it adds timing to the engine then I could run into some detonation problems which I don't want. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve Ricketts

·
Registered
70 Posts
you cannot use the dinan software and nitrous. The dinan software advances ignition timing and this could cause detonation. The only way to get a software upgrade is to get a custom software upgrade that doesnt advance ignition timing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had the same question a while back because I am going to do an NX 75 shot sometime next year. The replys I got back pretty much indicated that an upgraded ECU with advanced timing would not be good. Only some expensive custom programing, engine management system or dual maped chip would work. I decided to save the money on a software upgrade and just put that money into some good safety devices for the nitrous upgrade (like fuel presssure cutoff switch, A/F meter, colder plugs, and rpm limitter).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts